P45 Dropship atop AT7 Carrier plane

Ok so I was recently trying to recreate the troop dropship in starship troopers and the AT45 dropship was what I came up with. It is a ship that will fly 100% on rcs and only requires the jet engine to be firing to take off or if you want to travel faster over land. Pretty much with this you need precision control on and then just tilt in the direction you want to go and thrust down with rcs, careful though when you have low horizontal speed she likes to tilt her nose up. This ship is capable of dropping down from a high orbit, maintaining control the whole way and then landing softly.

The AT7 is a carrier for dropship and is capable of flying at low thrust at 5k altitude all the way to kersica, and sometimes further (depending on how much fuel is burnt on take off) this ship needs care when flying and is very tail heavy.

When releasing the dropship you need to put the carrier verticle, then put asas and rcs on, thrust down with rcs and release to the next stage.

Video:

Required packs: C7 flight pack, KW Challenger Pack, Tiberdyne aerospace shuttle asas and rcs nose modules, Novapunch pack, C7 hardlines

I wouldn\'t really give up, because I think in a dogfight/battle, your ship would win (no offense to the P45)

But honestly, that dropship isn\'t too effective for most purposes.

Its not really meant to be that effective at anything other than a quick orbital drop. The use of them in the films was essentially to carry the mobile infantry as quickly as possible from orbiting ships to the planet surface, essentially that is what this can do, if you get it into orbit and then retro thrust it can happily freefall and then with a nice blast of RCS slow down enough to land. (Softly, not like my terrible landing in the video, I have many a times landed it very softly) :)

Its not really meant to be that effective at anything other than a quick orbital drop. The use of them in the films was essentially to carry the mobile infantry as quickly as possible from orbiting ships to the planet surface, essentially that is what this can do, if you get it into orbit and then retro thrust it can happily freefall and then with a nice blast of RCS slow down enough to land. (Softly, not like my terrible landing in the video, I have many a times landed it very softly) :)

Well it would make more sense if it were like Flixx\'s spacecraft, in which, when deployed, it can remove itself from the main fuselage without it breaking apart. Can\'t use it again.

If you do so, then an orbital mothership such as the one in your video could re-dock with the smaller ship. Maybe several ships.

WE NEEDZ DOCKIN

Guest Flixxbeatz

I wouldn\'t really give up, because I think in a dogfight/battle, your ship would win (no offense to the P45)

But honestly, that dropship isn\'t too effective for most purposes.

I don\'t know, I guess because of its horrifyingly huge size...

Well it would make more sense if it were like Flixx\'s spacecraft, in which, when deployed, it can remove itself from the main fuselage without it breaking apart. Can\'t use it again.

If you do so, then an orbital mothership such as the one in your video could re-dock with the smaller ship. Maybe several ships.

WE NEEDZ DOCKIN

The thing is is that it isn\'t meant to break apart, but does because of how the game works, I have 2 decouplers see, and the carrier is joined at the back and be struts. But when you eject the game severs all the struts so the carrier breaks in 2. I didnt really want it to need 2 decouplers, but beacuse of the way the dropship is made, it made the most sense for stability reasons.

I don\'t know, I guess because of its horrifyingly huge size...

I dont think you should be giving up Flixx, because both our ships are made for carrying different size and weight vehicles, whats the point in something that can carry 10tonnes carrying 10 kilograms? So its down to efficiently and fuel tbh, I would use your szelet over the AT7 for my smaller vehicles anyday.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.