BSC Challenge: Rover + Skycrane - Yet another winner!

BSC: Rover + Skycrane - Final Vote  

1. 1. BSC: Rover + Skycrane - Final Vote

• Andrew Hansen - NOKERB Exploring Machine
    • antbin - The One Way Ticket
    • Deathsoul097 - Sojurner
    • Ravenchant - R-31 Dustmarcher & Heron skycrane
    • XolotlLoki - Simple, Indestructible Rover
    • Xeldrak - CRAATRV

I can merge the two skycranes if you give me 24 houers.

All submissions are closed.

If I let you redesign you craft at this phase, everyone else could demand the same (with the same right), I would have to setup the Poll again, redownload all .craft files, an so on and so forth.

I've put some thought into this and I'm really sorry, but I will have to disqualify you for violating the one design per capita rule (I.II 3). This is partly my fault for not realizing, that you posted two skycranes and a single lander. For that I'm really sorry - this simply had not happened yet.

But you are still in the listing - and I'd encourage people to write reviews for your submission aswell.

Edited by Xeldrak

So now there is myself, Spartwo, Sploden and Ravenchant in the top four so far. I'm just sad it came to some-one getting disqualified.

EDIT: Zekes. I did like your design, but I felt it didn't fit the challenge guidelines. It is a very nice rover, and that launch stage is good, but IMHO it's not what was asked of the challenge.

Edited by Deathsoul097

yaaaay some people like the Lorrie! :P

Lorrie was very nice, but as with sploden: while the craft is undeniably good, techniques used in the building are difficult to recreate by less experienced players.

Sorry to see a disqualification here :( Moreso because he seemed to be winning...

In other news, I just looked at the current results again and am slightly weirded out by the fact that mine is still among the top ones voted for. How many did actually test it offworld? All stages have a TWR < 1 on Kerbin, so some possible issues with its design can't even be spotted there.

I do have an explanation for the upside down probe core, though. It was originally facing the right way, but as the skycrane is installed flipped on its core-less transfer stage, you couldn't point toward maneuver nodes because there is no retrograde blue marker. So this was changed.

Edited by Ravenchant

Lorrie was very nice, but as with sploden: while the craft is undeniably good, techniques used in the building are difficult to recreate by less experienced players.

Sorry to see a disqualification here :( Moreso because he seemed to be winning...

In other news, I just looked at the current results again and am slightly weirded out by the fact that mine is still among the top ones voted for. How many did actually test it offworld? All stages have a TWR < 1 on Kerbin, so some possible issues with its design can't even be spotted there.

I do have an explanation for the upside down probe core, though. It was originally facing the right way, but as the skycrane is installed flipped on its core-less transfer stage, you couldn't point toward maneuver nodes because there is no retrograde blue marker. So this was changed.

Right now due to real life things I have only been able to test on Kerbin, I am hoping thing straighten out soon though so that maybe I can do more things in game. This though is looking less likely than I thought originally. To be honest I have been only playing maybe for 1 hour every other day lately, but soon my classes will be done for the term so maybe more time will open up.

Edited by Liowen

am slightly weirded out by the fact that mine is still among the top ones voted for. How many did actually test it offworld? All stages have a TWR < 1 on Kerbin, so some possible issues with its design can't even be spotted there.

I landed it on Duna and, aside from my review criticisms, loved it. Something about the skycrane felt more compelling than others I'd tried before. Them ant rockets.

Your rover was a lil tippy, but still good.

Hah, makes sense! I love learning why some of these design decisions were made.

I debated for hours on some of my rover's design decisions (like where to put the probe core for controllability and impact-resistance) but so far it doesn't seem to be catching on this BSC :(

Hello, everyone!

I see we have a DQ of a very good, solid rover. That's a bit of a shame but I understand why it was done. Still, though...

Quick video of the first test done on the Columba-A. Like a cinematic but without the effort or quality. (It was edited in about five minutes.) Note the four Kerbals sitting on there!

Hope you like --

Edit: I can't access the vote results page for some reason. How badly am I losing? :)

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! I think someone is ballot stuffing. Considering that in the last three hours, six different entries have jumped up to 48. The previous highest was 46. Then me at 43. Then the closest after that was about 10-15 behind. Now it has jumped straight up for six entries to 48!? Something is going on here. Especially when earlier today the number of voters was in the 50's, and now it's over 100? Wut :huh:

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! I think someone is ballot stuffing. Considering that in the last three hours, six different entries have jumped up to 48. The previous highest was 46. Then me at 43. Then the closest after that was about 10-15 behind. Now it has jumped straight up for six entries to 48!? Something is going on here. Especially when earlier today the number of voters was in the 50's, and now it's over 100? Wut :huh:

Maybe this is the only way to "disqualify" on the dotvoting site?... There are usually 6 people in the finals, so perhaps the ones with 48 were the top 6, excluding bombo1.

I don't remember the order (Other than I was second and ravenchant was first) but AFAIK this was the top four earlier today: myself, Spartwo, Sploden and Ravenchant

It is almost definitely fake because, no offense, upsilon gained about 95% of the current 48 points in the last few hours before my original post, along with others juming from in the teens to 48.

Edited by Deathsoul097

Hey guys, I don't think the voting is being 'honest' as it could be, because almost overnight a bunch of entries went up to 48 votes, and in the Guidelines it said to vote for a good craft, not one that looks the colloest or your friends. Not that I want people to lose, but the votes are starting to look ridiculously like cheating.;.;

I just myself over to the voting site, and something is wonky unless it randomly put the votes from DQ's. When I voted I did what was asked and voted for others that I felt were, good with the testing I was able to do. I only check the results in the morning and a bit before I crash, and this thread to see what is being said. To me it is about having fun, not a competition so if the points get reset I will not be upset as I had fun building mine and testing others.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.