[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Further testing on my case from the other thread shows that toolbar is NOT required to trigger this bug. it looks like toolbar exacerbates the issue, but given some of the other reports, there seems to be very little overlap on the set of mods that trigger this access violation.

SPECULATION HERE: it seems like somewhere around 5 plugins are required to start triggering this, so something with functional memory allocation? or possibly the DLL handler? i'm way out in the W-A-G territory here.

Edited by AetherGoddess
fixed links

Hi,

I have installed the latest version of toolbar in 0.24. When I do so the 2nd Menu screen all but the "Start New" and "Back" buttons don't work. They register the mouse being moved over them but nothing happens on clicking it. Definitely toolbar as I have uninstalled and re-installed and it works fine without.

Im using KSP on OSX (not by choice), the only other mods I'm running are Engineer, KW, Alarm Clock, Enhanced Navball and Final Frontier.

Any ideas people? I have had a quick zip through the thread and found nothing related.

Thanks in advance folks.

the only other mods I'm running are Engineer, KW, Alarm Clock, Enhanced Navball and Final Frontier.

That's a nice short list, so please do me a favor: Remove each of these mods, one at a time, then see if the problem goes away. Of course don't remove the Toolbar Plugin.

Hi Blizzy, thanks for your swift response.

Right here goes:

Just Toolbar: OK

Toolbar & KW: OK

Toolbar, KW & KEngineer: OK

Toolbar, KW, KE, & Enhanced Nav Ball: OK

Toolbar, KW, KE, ENB & Alarm Clock: OK

Toolbar, KW, KE, ENB, AC & Final Frontier: Same Issue

Seems there is a Final Frontier issue. Any thoughts?

James

For reference, this seems to be the exception that occurs with Final Frontier installed:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Nereid.FinalFrontier.Ribbon..ctor (System.String imagePath, Nereid.FinalFrontier.Achievement achievement, Nereid.FinalFrontier.Ribbon supersede) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Nereid.FinalFrontier.RibbonPool.CreateRibbons () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Nereid.FinalFrontier.RibbonPool.OnGameStateCreated (.Game game) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EventData`1[Game].Fire (.Game data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Game..ctor (.ConfigNode root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at GamePersistence.LoadGame (System.String filename, System.String saveFolder, Boolean haltIfIncompatible, Boolean suppressErrorMessage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MainMenu.LoadGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at TextButton3D+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
(Filename: Line: -1)

So for anyone having problems trying to start a new game or resuming an existing save game, I'd advise to remove Final Frontier and try again.

Edited by blizzy78
typo

I have Infernal Robotics installed and have deleted the dat file in gamedata but when I hover over the IR window it turns blank and I can't edit the settings on that window. And when I select the group editor nothing pops up... Can someone please help me? Everything works in the game scene but not in the ship editor. Thanks

I waited a few days now hoping to see someone else report this problem so I would know I wasn't alone, but alas, it looks like it might only be me...

I have a completely fresh install of KSP .24 64-bit running on Win7 64-bit and I'm getting strange behavior from the Toolbar. Specifically, when I select some mod buttons to display they actually cause the toolbar to disappear completely. Right now I only have Ambiant Light Adjust (works), Chatterer (works), ScienceAlert (works), Kerbal Engineer Redux (has issue), and Infrernal Robotics (has issue) as well as a handful of non-toolbar mods such as EVE, DREC and Procedural Fairings.

Both the Engineer and IR are recognized by the toolbar because they appear in the hide/show buttons window, but selecting them doesn't put them in the Toolbar and in fact if they are the only ones selected, this causes the Toolbar to completely disappear and not be selectable again. I had to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the Toolbar after that happened the first time.

All mods are the latest / .24 compatible versions. The only other thing to mention is my version of the Toolbar is the one packaged with Ambient Light; I will replace with the stand-alone version tonight to see what happens.

Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I seem to have run into a problem that I just cannot fathom. I have just done a fresh install of the x64 build of KSP and rebuilding my list of addons. However, I quickly ran into this:

GROwyD0.png

I suspected that another addon had caused a conflict, so I removed those that might have been at fault. Sadly the problem persisted, so I've ended up with just toolbar installed, and still the error is thrown. I've checked and doubled checked the installed path, which as the image confirms, is in fact correct "D:\Games\KSP_win64\GameData\000_toolbar", and re-downloaded the latest version of toolbar to be sure.

The log file does not show any errors, and seems confirm that the installation is correct.

Load(Assembly): 000_toolbar/toolbarAssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Games\KSP_win64\GameData\000_toolbar\toolbar.dll
AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'Toolbar' V1.0
Load(Assembly): TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock
AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Games\KSP_win64\GameData\TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock.dll
AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

and what's more, does not show a single error or warning.

Dismissing the message and going to the Space Centre scene shows the toolbar with blank icons, and no configuration menu, but still no output log errors

1osrpaN.png

I can add a button - Kerbal Alarm Clock in this example - but a re-launch of the game still throws the error.

Previously, I had a working installation, but ran into problems of compatibility between addons, and decided to rebuild manually (I was using KSP Mod Admin and suspected it was exacerbating the issue) I searched for this issue and found one other instance which was resolved by removing duplicate or old ModuleManager.dll files, but I have been careful to keep only one copy of 2.2.0. The issue manifests regardless of ModuleManager being present.

For completeness, here is the output of 000_Toolbar directory:

Directory of D:\Games\KSP_win64\GameData\000_toolbar

22/07/2014 13:00 <DIR> .
22/07/2014 13:00 <DIR> ..
17/07/2014 22:17 5,970 changes.txt
20/02/2014 19:21 9,612 donate.tga
01/01/2014 04:08 2,348 folder.tga
25/01/2014 18:20 1,330 license.txt
16/12/2013 19:04 1,808 move-cursor.tga
07/02/2014 00:56 2,348 new-button-available.tga
16/12/2013 19:04 944 resize-cursor.tga
20/12/2013 17:51 324 toolbar-dropdown.tga
17/07/2014 23:33 93,184 toolbar.dll
20/12/2013 19:27 2,348 update-available.tga
10 File(s) 120,216 bytes

Total Files Listed:
10 File(s) 120,216 bytes

And the md5 checksums:

c37017012ea5ffec831b09e268e73b6c *000_toolbar\changes.txt
a32a693d7d2cb92c1416789ce9d7c350 *000_toolbar\donate.tga
c3dc4c46ac6773cab506aed0394b3b0a *000_toolbar\folder.tga
521a5b1235e625183d7e6fedeec21ea7 *000_toolbar\license.txt
6cf15aeb503cd363aeeb493ff07c70cd *000_toolbar\move-cursor.tga
235bbd96e16fe523ec94743fc56a1de6 *000_toolbar\new-button-available.tga
f0e6159cb48cd98e6706b5249cea36cf *000_toolbar\resize-cursor.tga
c34d2de1ae8f73dc03db64675007f17d *000_toolbar\toolbar-dropdown.tga
b103999a0e608253e1966aba39cc2301 *000_toolbar\toolbar.dll
24287592b502205e187f53646515b860 *000_toolbar\update-available.tga

Given that I have removed everything but toolbar, and that KSP logs don't show any errors, I'm at a loss how or why the popup message is being thrown. Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received. As you can see, I'm clutching at straws now.

I believe something went wrong when you unpacked the archive. The folder's name is supposed to be "000_Toolbar", not "000_toolbar". The same might go on with Kerbal Alarm Clock, leading to the purple "texture not found" button.

I believe something went wrong when you unpacked the archive. The folder's name is supposed to be "000_Toolbar", not "000_toolbar". The same might go on with Kerbal Alarm Clock, leading to the purple "texture not found" button.

Well I'll be jiggered!

I wasn't aware that KSP/Unity was case sensitive, and had I been trying to run under Linux, the case would have jumped out as a factor. Damn MS for case insensitivity!

When I re-downloaded, I simply replaced the whole folder, and obviously the case from previous was preserved just to make things worse. The lowercase T was my doing after I unpacked incorrectly the first time, and simply created the folder to hold the misplaced files. This all conspired to make a real gotcha.

Just for the record. The Kerbal Alarm Clock icon did show, but was added after that image was taken.

Thank you kind sir.

Can you assign buttons in the toolbar to different keyboard shortcuts? I would love to be able to activate/deactivate windows with a keystroke.

It is not possible to assign keyboard shortcuts at this time, but I think it would be nice to have.

Well I'll be jiggered!

I wasn't aware that KSP/Unity was case sensitive, and had I been trying to run under Linux, the case would have jumped out as a factor. Damn MS for case insensitivity!

When I re-downloaded, I simply replaced the whole folder, and obviously the case from previous was preserved just to make things worse. The lowercase T was my doing after I unpacked incorrectly the first time, and simply created the folder to hold the misplaced files. This all conspired to make a real gotcha.

Just for the record. The Kerbal Alarm Clock icon did show, but was added after that image was taken.

Thank you kind sir.

Can you, or anyone on this thread screenshot me what their Toolbar looks like??

I had a similar issue when I first installed the Toolbar, where it gave me the wrong directory, I cleared that up and when I launched the game it gave me no warnings or alerts. However I cannot seem to find where this Toolbar is at.

It doesn't show up.. The only thing that shows up is all of my parts mods and this weird little square where I can toggle my Kethan, and my TAC Mod. That is all.

I need help :(

Can you, or anyone on this thread screenshot me what their Toolbar looks like??

I had a similar issue when I first installed the Toolbar, where it gave me the wrong directory, I cleared that up and when I launched the game it gave me no warnings or alerts. However I cannot seem to find where this Toolbar is at.

It doesn't show up.. The only thing that shows up is all of my parts mods and this weird little square where I can toggle my Kethan, and my TAC Mod. That is all.

I need help :(

EDIT: I figured out that the little square was the Toolbar all along, it looked different in youtube videos. I still cannot find how to edit my Kerbals names and such before I set the crew for my ship. I have the Crew Manifest mod installed but I can only edit while I am in flight. Really annoying..

You go first :P

First Screen shot shows the toolbar with all the available options during assembly. I have the Crew Manifest selected, but it doesn't show on the Toolbar.

:(:)

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz81/maximus_88/th_screenshot8.png' alt='th_screenshot8.png'>

First, I believe it is a bug in Crew Manifest in that it allows you to make its button visible in all scenes instead of just the flight scene, but the plugin only works in the flight scene.

Second, about the functioning (or not) of Crew Manifest, that should be a bug in that plugin as well.