KERBALKON, talk, share, play!

Tidus Klein

It's almost a pity the event is happening in the middle of the week! This is unfortunately finals week for a few of us, or we have to work during the event. Still, it'll be up on Twitch just like last year, so it's not like we can't go back and watch it later! I'm looking forward to seeing what this year's surprises will be.

It's almost a pity the event is happening in the middle of the week! This is unfortunately finals week for a few of us, or we have to work during the event. Still, it'll be up on Twitch just like last year, so it's not like we can't go back and watch it later! I'm looking forward to seeing what this year's surprises will be.

Pretty much this.

I just wonder what time PST it starts on the 12th.

Was hoping to get an answer to that myself, Friday's not an issue, but I need to rearrange my schedule on Thursday or possibly Wednesday depending on what time it starts.

I know we aren't going to get a confirm or deny on 0.23 coming out with Kerbalkon, but can we know what IS going to happen? This is my first Kerbalkon.

We get on livestream, one long, long livestream showcasing 0.23 (or whatever near release version of said update) in it.

That's it? I thought there were all kinds of events, special guests, etc?

Squad doesn't want to do a big live event for KerbalKon yet. Since it's still a relatively small community with a significant portion outside of the USA, they decided against doing a live event to allow everyone to participate and not feel left out because they couldn't get passports, plane tickets, event tickets, hotel rooms, etc.

I'm looking forward to it! I loved the video and I can't wait for 0.23! Bring on the SABREs! :cool:

Squad doesn't want to do a big live event for KerbalKon yet. Since it's still a relatively small community with a significant portion outside of the USA, they decided against doing a live event to allow everyone to participate and not feel left out because they couldn't get passports, plane tickets, event tickets, hotel rooms, etc.

I'm looking forward to it! I loved the video and I can't wait for 0.23! Bring on the SABREs! :cool:

Hmm, I still don't get why these SABREs are so awesome... Why can't some turbojets and an atomic engine do better? I was able to get to orbit with over 3700 m/s of delta-v remaining.

I mean, I still think SABREs are cool, but will they really revolutionize the SSTO?

Hmm, I still don't get why these SABREs are so awesome... Why can't some turbojets and an atomic engine do better? I was able to get to orbit with over 3700 m/s of delta-v remaining.

I mean, I still think SABREs are cool, but will they really revolutionize the SSTO?

A lot of people consider spamming air intakes "cheating". I don't, but you have to satisfy the purists. :)

HAHAH I love it..... could I be getting popular?...no ok.

like many before, the sabers a duck, good at a few things but not the best answer. I like it because it will most likely be less weight then the atomic with an ISP of lets say 300 maybe 250, it just offers a median.

Edited by Tidus Klein

A lot of people consider spamming air intakes "cheating". I don't, but you have to satisfy the purists. :)

Umm what? How will a SABRE satisfy people who are against intake spamming? Is it not the same, or even worse than a standard jet?

Anyways, I can't wait for Kerbalkon! Even if it is on Friday the 13th....

Umm what? How will a SABRE satisfy people who are against intake spamming? Is it not the same, or even worse than a standard jet?

Anyways, I can't wait for Kerbalkon! Even if it is on Friday the 13th....

But you're not carrying dead weight at any point. Mixing jet and rocket engines means carrying excess tonnage at every point in your flight.

Plus, they exist in real life, so why not include them?

All will be revealed tomorrow. Expect all your favorite Squad and KSP-TV personalities, some special Youtube favorites - oh, and and someone who's been to space...

Wil Wheaton????!!!???

ok that's a cheap joke I am sorry ;.;

I always love the videos they make. I can't wait till the livestream!

I'm thinking that edlu guy from ksp played by a real astronaut by sm (scott manley)

Also like that ksp weekly 10.16 or 15 (i forgot :P) heads up i think we should get a heads up of the release date

What I think would be really cool if they got Chris Hadfield to attend Kerbalkon!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.