Question about Tylo

I have a question about Tylo

Is there a strange beeping anomaly on the surface?

because I crash landed here and heard the beeping just before I slammed into the surface and exploded :(

Ive not landed on Tylo before, I was just wondering if my landing location was of any significance?

screenshot663.png

The reason I ask is because so far I haven't been able to land safely as of just yet, though Ive had many crash landings now, and the beeping only once? and im just intrigued

or maybe its just the game going nuts?

Edited by cmd

haha ^

I answered my own question, It was such a mystery to me I loaded KSP up in VLC and found the soundfile, and its one of the chatterer sound effects. never heard that one on the game before.

lol whoops

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")o

screenshot663.png

Since you are reluctant to provide us with the location of the secret Rebel Base, I have decided to test this game's destructive power on your home planet of Alderaan......

(I'm sorry - for some reason I took a look at that pic and saw the Death Star).

If you are in the capsule, there is a single beep from touchdown.

Wasn't just a beep, definitely a beep de boop, and it was a touchdown explosion lol

but the sound played before I hit the ground you see.

In the Chatterer RBR GameData folder it was the sstv_01.ogg that played, the only time its played infact :-/

Maybe a side effect from having chatterer mixed with many other mods on KSP, only happened the once though

In 0.21 i had it activate a couple times just when i touched down if i remember correctly, but not always. One of the times im almost certain it was an unmanned rover. However, i have no idea what it depends on :P

As for 0.22 i haven't installed Chatterer yet (reminds me it's about time!)

Yeah I installed it last week, It does deserve its place in the Most downloaded mods on space-port

Mods are just far too easy to get carried away with, the amount of times I've broke my games by installing mods over excessively, worth it though

My first landing on Tylo was a success, but I cheated and used the 48-7S engine. Then when I got there, I realized I didn't have enough Delta-v and cheated again, using up all of the fuel from my Vall lander to generate extra delta-v for my Tylo lander. I'm just a big cheat!

But as much as I know Tylo has no atmosphere to carry a beep, I still want to use my lander to check this out. Seems I landed it near the same crater. I must away, to check!!

edit: it doesn't have enough delta-v to get to the crater. I landed too far away from it...

Edited by thereaverofdarkness

Yeah I know that feeling, even though I was trying to land on Tylo, my mission was inevitable to fail

I have no idea how much fuel I should have packed on my lander, but it's definitely more than I took, I thought I had the moons of Jool sussed.

far from...

screenshot599.png

that was my master plan, that little lander to go from my laythe station via that tug thingy and land on that mofo! no chance! lol

Tylo deserves its whole special case lander like Laythe is gonna, I did not think this through very well :P

I'm pretty positive the beeping was chatterer though :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.