Shapeways 3D printed Kerbal (Stargazing small) Review

Sickle

So I ordered a stargazing Kerbal from shapeways, and here is how it looks! (2p coin added for scale) this is the Small stargazing Kerbal.

1486890_556087081133998_1473170058_n.jpg

http://www.shapeways.com/designer/KerbalSpaceProgram

(I didn't make this, I'm just reviewing it)

Review: The model is very well made, Made of Sandstone. Fully accurate coloured. My model had a little bit of discolouring on the back of the helmet however they Emailed me about it before it was sent out and offered a free re-print. But I decided to just keep that one, it's hardly recognizable however. It weighs practically nothing and makes a perfect piece for a desk or a shelf.

I would recommend getting one, It's done by 3D printers. For the price, that's worth it.

• 1 month later...

I received my Jebediah figure today, and found it covered with a very fine powder. I have read about this somewhere (I thought it was on this Forum, but I couldn't find it). The author of that statement said it was no problem. What I want to know is...has anyone else received their Jebediah in a similar condition, and how did you deal with it.

I suppose just a blast of air from a compressor (mine is a small compressor for running an airbrush) or even a "can of air" for cleaning keyboards and such. Maybe if the worst comes to the worst, a brush. My problem is, I don't want to damage him.

Has anyone successfully "cleaned" Jebediah, and if so, how?

Oh, by the way...it arrived in good condition, and is a beautiful piece of engineering. I recommend it to any fans of KSP.

My Jeb figure was covered with dust, too. I cleaned it with a brush, it was no problem. The whole figure has a dull surface, like a smooth rock.

The figure was bigger than I expected. I'm very satisfied with it...oh, hell, I love it. :)

Although they are not cheap, they are a must have for any KSP-addicted :)

Hmmm, perhaps i use some high gloss lacquer to make the "metal" surfaces shiny.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.