Some clarification on the new science lab

From what I understand, the science lab works by first requiring at least two Kerbals in it (there was a point in the Twitch stream whereby the one dev was attempting to showoff the science lab, but couldn't, since he only brought two Kerbals with him, and he needed both for the lab). From here, experiments/data are some inputted into the lab (I assume by either right-clicking and hitting "store experiments", or by having the Kerbal enter the lab, but clarification on this would be nice). The lab can then "process" the data, which allows the player to get a certain bonus to the amount of science (how much?) for the given experiment/data.

Now then, along with the aforesaid questions...

-Are there any limitations to what can be "processed"/Can anything that yields science be processed?

-Can the processing be done multiple times?

-If you land the lab, can experiments be recovered from it?

Actually, the lab serves two purposes. One, it reduces the amount of science lost due to transmission. If you turn in the experiment after analyzing it, you get the same amount you would without the analysis.

The second purpose is that it allows you to reuse the goo containers and material science labs. Without the lab, if you transmit the results of either of those, or take the results from the part, the part can't be reused. The lab can, with some time, reset the part so that you can use it again.

The second purpose is that it allows you to reuse the goo containers and material science labs. Without the lab, if you transmit the results of either of those, or take the results from the part, the part can't be reused. The lab can, with some time, reset the part so that you can use it again.

Eh, what?

So what am I doing all the time? Using stuff, sending results, using stuff again? And again and again... until science results in not much.

Eh, what?

So what am I doing all the time? Using stuff, sending results, using stuff again? And again and again... until science results in not much.

You're using a feature that's getting turned off.

People were spamming science like that, so in 0.23 they're implementing this to 'slow down' everyone.

Hopefully you don't need to wait too long in the tech tree to get it, and the Science rewards are increased to match..

Hopefully you don't need to wait too long in the tech tree to get it, and the Science rewards are increased to match..

At 3.5 tons, I'm not sure it matters where they put it in the tree, most people are going to find it troublesome to use prior to getting larger tanks and engines. Troublesome, not impossible, so it may balance out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.