New Here

Heavenly Daughter

Hi All,

I've seen this program a few times and wondered what it was. I've now tried the demo and played the tutorial vids.

Besides making and launching the ships, what else does it do. Are there any people making add ons and the demo sccen is REALLY SPARCE but some pics I see have a lot of ground buildings.

In the paid version, you can travel to other planets, and you get tons of new parts, and if you want, there are mods you can download to add things to your game, for example, the mod kethane adds a resource to the planets and moons that you can mine and convert into fuel, there's also a mod that adds more planets, the possibilities are endless*!

*until your computer ceases to work

Hi, and welcome to the forums... although you might want to check out the "welcome aboard" thread for a post like this.

I've never played the demo, but I can totally recommend buying the full game. The vanilla game is just amazing and will keep you busy for months to "master". The modding abilities for this game are insane and there's something for just about everybody. Take a look at the endless possibilities here

You can also find tons of videos on Youtube that may help to make your purchase decision a little easier.

Have fun playing KSP; one of the best games ever :cool:

In the paid version, you can travel to other planets, and you get tons of new parts, and if you want, there are mods you can download to add things to your game, for example, the mod kethane adds a resource to the planets and moons that you can mine and convert into fuel, there's also a mod that adds more planets, the possibilities are endless*!

*until your computer ceases to work

So when you get to other planets you can build there, more details please.

There is a career mode in the full version which is still a work in progress. Currently career mode is about gathering science points to unlock bigger/better stuff. Science points are gained by exploration of Kerbal and the other planets and moons. The main focus is always on building and flying spaceships and probes. The modding community at Kerbal Spaceport has TONS of ways for you to tweak the game. If you enjoyed the demo, you will enjoy the full game!

Hi All,

I've seen this program a few times and wondered what it was. I've now tried the demo and played the tutorial vids.

Besides making and launching the ships, what else does it do. Are there any people making add ons and the demo sccen is REALLY SPARCE but some pics I see have a lot of ground buildings.

This is mainly sandbox game so you can do whatever you please with it. The demo is restricted, you get only Mun and Sun in it besides the home planet, in full version there is whole range of planets.

You can build ships, airplanes, and rovers, you can carry them around the system and visit most of the bodies in the system, build temporary or permanent bases on surfaces or in space, visit or search for "easter egg" locations and plant flags to mark memorable points. In Career mode you collect science points to gather access to ship parts you need to use to build better and stronger crafts. But the biggest part of the challenge are goals you make up for yourself.

If this is something that you can build on, you're welcome here.

Thanks mods for moving my post :)

I must admit, I'm fascinated by this program a little, so I may just go get it but a few more attempts at the demo is certainly in order as I failed miserably at the 3rd one lol.

Thank you everyone for such rapid responses and good answers too.

Heavenly