Cant make accurate Geostationary orbit.

Hello fellow Kerbalnauts.

I have a issue.

I can't launch fully stationary geosynchronous orbits around Kerbin. I mean fully stationary?

I know I need to send the intended vehicle to a altitude of 2,868,750meters above the Kerbin surface at a speed of 1009m/s - 1009,1m/s.

That is correct right? ^^

Anyway if it is correct then I have done this!

However I tend to play within the same save file creating my own space programs universe over the course of Years, I said [Years]

After the launch of my geostationary sattelites I spend 6 years into the simulation of my save file.

I have 4 geostationary sattelites in what I thought would be geostationary orbits since these 6 years Click

But these sattelites have taken distance towards each other. The sattelites whom I thought where stationary are moving closer to each other. Meaning that either 1,2,3 of them are moving towards each other since they all repositioned.

Or all 4 of them did (probably that <<)

Or away from each other making themselves closing in. They do not remain stationary from each other.

By my wishes they should each fullfill a quarter section of the orbiting space they rotate (if you know what I mean)

Like a sliced pie in 4 quarters. Without one of the four sattelites overtaking one of the other geostationary sattelites. That is exactly how I launched them. Each of the 4 sattelites was intended to fullfill 45degrees of orbital space. But as you can see by the picture I posted none of them really fullfills that role anymore.

Here is another picture with explanation in it Click

This 4 sattelites GEO stationary system is to simulate earths geostationary sattelites to simulate a sattelite system that enables global communication. Other then that it really doesnt serve anything in case you were wondering.

In simple terms I dont know what causes the instability. But I do suspect it has something to do with the fact that even although the sattelites are at the correct speed and at the correct height they are in fact

not following Kerbins equator evenly. Or in other words they have a slight 0.0.1.1.1.1.1 [fill in] difference in the orbiting plane that's causing them to reposition themselves disorderly closer to each other over the course of years.

Is that the case? might that be the case?

If it is the case how do I ensure optimal equatorial alignment? Can you guys give me the exact math involved up to the last decimal that KSP can process or give other parameters that ensures that my geostationary sattelites remain stationary for over 100 perhaps thousands

of Kerbin years (if that's possible)

If it's not the case that equatorial alignment is the cause of the problem which I do suspect then what is the fix of this happening?

If you're aiming at synchronous orbits, I strongly recommend placing a very weak engine on the satellite and installing Kerbal Engineer Redux. KER gives a readout of your orbital position to within 0.1 of a second. If you're doing synchronous orbits, that means that they're in a 6 hour orbit, which would drift at most 146 seconds out of position (0.7%) in a terestrial year. Don't focus on your perapsis or apoapsis or orbital velocity other than getting them close. Then use the weak engine to fine tune the orbit to something close enough to a 6 hour orbit that KER doesn't report the difference. MechJeb can also be used, but the last time I checked, only reported orbital periods to a resolution of one second.

EDIT: Depending on the precision you can adjust it to, the variable max thrust part of tweakables may render the need to put a weak engine on the craft unnecessary, as you will be able to make any engine weak. But be aware that even 1 m/s will have a very significant effect (for these purposes) on the orbital period, so you'll still want to get as accurate an orbital period as you can.

Edited by Eric S