[Tutorial] Circular station building

Tex_NL

18 hours ago, JEDIBIAH said:

Tex_nl, How do you get this into space?

Very carefully. :wink::P

All but the 'True Ring' can be launched in sections. Anybody with reasonable skills should be able to do it.
There are three methods to get a 'True Ring' into orbit.
1: Add a ton of boosters and strut the crap out of it. And then add oodles more struts just for good measure.
2: Build it in orbit with a mod like ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads.
3: Hack it into orbit with the build-in orbit editor. Or use a mod like HyperEdit.

I REALLY should update this tutorial to 1.2 standards. It's getting hopelessly outdated.

Edited by Tex_NL

1 minute ago, SchwinnTropius said:

May want to do something about the pictures too, I can't see any in the OP, just broken links.

For some reason that seems to happen to part of the community here. Most see all images just fine. But some do not.
It has been suggested in could be an ad-blocker on your end. But it could also be your browser. One thing is sure, it is something on your end. The image links haven't been touched for over a year and they have always worked.

3 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

For some reason that seems to happen to part of the community here. Most see all images just fine. But some do not.
It has been suggested in could be an ad-blocker on your end. But it could also be your browser. One thing is sure, it is something on your end. The image links haven't been touched for over a year and they have always worked.

Mau just be my mobile Chrome. I haven't installed any kind of ad-blocker that I know of.

I haven't been able to see the links in this thread either, other threads seem fine as far as I can tell.

At work I've tried current versions of Edge, I.E. and Chrome (with and without ad blocker).
At home I've tried current version of Chrome (with and without ad blocker)
This affects all TEX's images in the thread, even TEX's signature. :(

Trying to open the imagine in another tab or window results in the following:

Tex's Sig:

Not Found

The requested URL /ksp/KerbOil.png was not found on this server.

Apache Server at tex.texel.com Port 80

First image in thread, all the same though:

Not Found

The requested URL /ksp/circulartutorial01.png was not found on this server.

Can someone else try posting a picture and see if it's a thread or host issue?

TEX your pictures and links are the only one's that are broken for me.
See this thread for instance:

foamyesque pictures directly under yours loads fine, as does n.b.z. above yours.
Can it be some sort of bandwidth or host limitation issue that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't but you are ALWAYS able to see them because they are your files?

Just a thought since it seems to affect only your imagines, including your signature, at least on my end.

I really would like to see the images!

Edited by kurdain
grammar and spelling :(

7 hours ago, kurdain said:

I haven't been able to see the links in this thread either, other threads seem fine as far as I can tell.

At work I've tried current versions of Edge, I.E. and Chrome (with and without ad blocker).
At home I've tried current version of Chrome (with and without ad blocker)
This affects all TEX's images in the thread, even TEX's signature. :(

Trying to open the imagine in another tab or window results in the following:

Tex's Sig:

Not Found

The requested URL /ksp/KerbOil.png was not found on this server.

First image in thread, all the same though:

Not Found

The requested URL /ksp/circulartutorial01.png was not found on this server.

Can someone else try posting a picture and see if it's a thread or host issue?

TEX your pictures and links are the only one's that are broken for me.
See this thread for instance:

foamyesque pictures directly under yours loads fine, as does n.b.z. above yours.
Can it be some sort of bandwidth or host limitation issue that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't but you are ALWAYS able to see them because they are your files?

Just a thought since it seems to affect only your imagines, including your signature, at least on my end.

I really would like to see the images!

Funny.

I tried last night at home and I got the above issues and obviously as posted I got them all day at work on multiple browsers.
I tried again when I got home and no images.

I watched Star Trek a bit and came back to play KSP and reloaded the page, BAM PICTURES!
Chrome Version 53.0.2785.143 m (64-bit), it's updating right now though (LOL) and I have Ad-Blocker Pro running.

I think there is more going on that other peoples browsers at it seems intermittent, hopefully you can use whatever I posted to help.
I'll try again at work tomorrow, I hate mysteries :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.