Collecting scince from ALL the Mun's biome in one big mission and return to Kerbin!

Ziv

I have made a big mission: I went to all the Mun's 15 Biome in one mission, I collected all kind of Science data from all of them and Returned to Kerbin with them. So there was no radio transmitting.

I collected 10039.6 Science Points!

I used this Science Pack for every Biome:

- Mystery Goo

- Material Lab SC-9001

- 2HOT Thermometer

- GRAVMAX (4x)

- Seismic Accelerometer (4x)

I used four GravMax and Seismic to make more points. I used one GravMax for High Above, one GravMax and two Seismic at "Just Above" the surface, everything else just on the surface. There was 16 of this pack, sorted in four Science Module. I wanted to make the mission with four landings and filling the four Packs at four different Biome. There is "only" 15 Biomes so I had one Pack remaining for "High Above" science. In the itinerary I wanted to "jump" from one X to another, but I was not able to make the Green and Red X-X-X-X in one so I had to go back to the ship for fuel:

A2sRDlW.jpg

So I had multiple landings, and a lot of rearranging the ship. I also had to write on a paper what was done and what science was used because there was about 16x11 readings plus 15x3 (LowSpace/Surface EVA + Surface Sample). About 221 data at the end. :) This is how the main ship looked like:

CaGDU1R.png

The lander was like this (note the changeable Science Module part!)

fOw4Rwo.png

I made some mistake for the main ship that it didn't have RCS or SAS so I had to send a supply ship with RCS/SAS parts and which also refueled it.

tEwqGwB.png

And here's a picture about the science points, 10039.6... It may have been more with more science parts but it was already close to lagging. :)

X7jjPQa.png

And all the pictures are here:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Ziv