[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Hello!

Bug encountered with Kerbal Health/TAC lifesupport as possible related mods:

I'm using a number of station part mods (at the moment, my station is using none of those except for TAC lifesupport bits and bobs and MOAR station science though)

I'm also using TAC Lifesupport and Kerbal Health and Kerbal construction time.

I had to evacuate 3 kerbals, one of them Bill.

Using the mod, I transferred them to the return capsule (LKO to kerbin) and went my merry way doing a re-entry. In the bottom right, it looked like Bill was on my command pod and I had the 2 emergencies as well.
On recovery however, I noticed Bill was still on the LKO station somehow. Confused, I swapped over to it and he was nowhere in terms of the little displays, but manifest said he's on the ship. I couldn't EVA him out. Transferring him to another seat DID make him show up and get replicated.

So I reloaded my quicksave from right after undocking, and tried to force Bill to eva using the seat transfer.  Suddenly, one of the emergencies disappeared from the pod and so I reloaded again.

I got it to "work" by using roster management to unassign the 2 emergencies, then bill. I went back to KSC. Bill was somehow still on LKO. I went back to LKO and Bill was indeed there. So I unassigned him as well (the 2 emergencies became "tourists" as expected from kerbal health with no deaths, Bill was 3 days off that state)

Possible causes:

Earlier, I forgot to add a docking port onto my station so I added a double port to the new module. I moved Bill into a 2.5 service module and closed the doors on him to avoid him drifting apart. Then, aligned, I undocked the second docking port from the new module, swapped to Bill, entered stock construction mode and slapped the port onto the appropriate node, swapped back to the new module and docked it in. Finally, I returned Bill to the station thru EVA.

This was before I installed the mod though.

Edit:

It appears that the issue persists and I found a way to reproduce it: 

0. Use "Realistic Transfers"
1. Have a station of multiple station-defined parts docked together (hitchiker, cupolas, research) with a similar module.
2. Have 2 more modules defined as "probes"
3. Dock a "ship" to it all
4.  In the Transfer Window, use "Vessel Mode" and try to transfer from "Ship" to one of the station modes or vice versa.
5. Transfer 2-4 kerbals at once, both vessels have enough to support the numbers in a single habitat.
6. The kerbals appear against a black background on xfer, and IVA show pitch blackness as well.
7. Game now thinks your kerbal exists in multiple places and confuses Kerbal Health and manifest alike.

Transferring 1 by 1 causes zero issues.

I tried to attach logs, but they are way too big from background processing spamming the hell out of it due to fuel cells.

My mass transf

Edited by RunaDacino