BRBP Atmospheric Crafts

Big Red Button Pressers has conquered space. We\'ve been to the Mun. We\'ve never returned. And now... we\'ve arrived at the conclusion: Why take our crew to space to die when we can do it easier inside the atmosphere?

Introducing the new Atmospheric Crafts list, you\'ll be shown all of the most stable ways to fly inside the atmosphere and maybe even learn something!

Craft Number One: The KSP Blackbird

Ena3w.jpg

ue7Bq.jpg

The Blackbird is so far the most stable craft I\'ve designed, created entirely with C7 Aerospace parts and a stock ASAS, this is the perfect beginners craft. Don\'t even ask about landing though. Go talk to Winter Owl about how to land this thing. With an average cruising speed of 100 m/s (360 km/h) this sucker can go pretty fast and if you\'re good on the throttle it\'ll last you around 30 minutes before you burn out. The reason there isn\'t a photo of it burning out is because it didn\'t. I tried to land it without any landing gear and it broke on the side of a mountain/hill.

The only problem I had was when I tried to land this hunk of metal without any gear whatsoever. The engines are gimballed so that may count for something too. I tried to keep the throttle right down so that we had a speed of around 100 m/s which would leave us flying just about level (slightly upwards so we could drop throttle even more every so often).

The only problem I had was when I tried to land this hunk of metal without any gear whatsoever. The engines are gimballed so that may count for something too. I tried to keep the throttle right down so that we had a speed of around 100 m/s which would leave us flying just about level (slightly upwards so we could drop throttle even more every so often).

Thats what I thought; gliding may be a hassle. The lack of front winglets limits landing to a higher speed, and that is too fast altogether.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.