I mix up the real solar system and KSP's solar system far too often

CaptRobau

If you start mixing up KSP names with real names, it's a sign you should play more KSP.

Whenever I talk about 'the moon' to people and about spacey things I say 'moon' but think 'mun'. This has gotten so bad that, when I was talking to a freind of ine on facebook, I continually said 'Mun' without question until he stopped me and pointed out my error...

I also tend to call kerbin earth in many of my youtube videos (Shameless self advertising: See my signature)

However I don't really tend to mix up the other planets... I think my subconscious realises it is a different solar system and so treats it as such. Or perhaps I don't play enough KSP...

• 2 weeks later...

Old but necessary bump: During a lecture i mentioned "Kerbin", then after a few sentencies i realized. Some strted to laugh and the techer asked me to explain. THAT was a bad day.

Again, another day I mentioned Duna insted of mars in the class.

Edited by sal_vager
Less than a month is not a bump, don't worry :)

Only the cool kids play around with orbital mechanics for fun.

Fixed that for you. :P

It's usually the opposite for me. I'll refer to KSP locations by their real-life counterparts if the resemblance is close enough-- earth, moon, mars. Because I'm the only one in the house who plays and and unfortunately, nobody else would know what Kerbin, Duna, etc. actually mean.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.