The Duchy of Rayne announces the creation of Sentinel Heavy Industries

I\'ve not been all that active on these forums, but I\'ve been playing a lot lately, and I wanted to go ahead and get involved a bit more. What am I going to show you, you ask? A stock vehicle intended purely for Orbital Maneuvers Training or OMT. Capable of both Low and High Kerbin Orbit, and descent to Kerbin, this is my attempt and giving a Stock vehicle to those that are playing with out mods or new to the game. If you\'re looking to learn how to maneuver and change orbits, this vehicle is for you!

So without further delay, I officially announce the Duchy of Rayne as a nation within KSP and announce the creation of it\'s major Space Vehicle Production and Research Corporation, Sentinel Heavy Industries.

-DR

Country of Origin: The Duchy of Rayne

Manufacture: Sentinel Heavy Industries / LVRD (Launch Vehicle Research Division)

Ship Name: DRSS Serenity OV-MKIV-1

Nomenclature Breakdown: Duchy of Rayne Star-ship, Serenity, Orbital Vehicle MK4, Ship 1.

Vehicle Breakdown:

AAS: Ascent Assist Stage

Power-plant: Six LV-T30 Liquid Fuel Engines providing 1200TU (Thrust Units)

PO/AS: Primary Orbital and Ascent Stage

Power-plant: Twin LV-T30 Liquid Fuel Engines providing 400TU

VAB Image:

drssserenity.jpg

Mission parameters:

T+0: Launch using AAS only, vehicle will climb to an altitude of at least 10-15km.

T+1min30Seconds: Separate AAS, Ignite PO/AS Engines

T+3min: PO/AS primary fuel block exhausted, vehicle on ascent trajectory to orbital maneuvering point.

T+4min: Begin Orbital maneuvering training and testing at or around 50-70km, watch fuel.

T+x: Descent at your discretion, making sure to keep enough fuel in the vehicle for this purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.