My thouths about piracy (and SOPA thing)

koberko

How long have they been trying to shut down the Pirate Bay? God the bunch of idiots we have running society today.

Even if they shutdown TPB they can always open up a new domain name.

Here\'s what I say.

The shutting down of sites that HOST piracy should not be up to the Copyright owners but to the hosts or police.

I am against them shutting down google,twitter,yahoo,ETC..

If you say a copyrighted name on a site or post a video of a copyrighted game I think you should be allowed.

As long as it doesn\'t break the ToS of a the copyrighted item(s).

The Pirate Bay\'s server\'s ARE in Stockholm,Sweden thus,the US can only block us from seeing it.

I was inspired by recent events related to SOPA and PIPA, and start to think about piracy in general... Here are my thoughts:

http://www.brobible.com/brommunity/story/let

when i try to go to the site i get this link i think SOPA block it http://www.blocked-website.com/main?url=88888815678380677467777015688078166783807878867974859016848580839016777085&ablock=&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fkerbalspaceprogram.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D6146.0&tid=0&w=1776&h=854

Sadly, SOPA is actually a way of giving the US jurisdiction outside their own country. If they wanted, they could say some other country\'s website is giving away pirated copies of US-made games. They would then be able to shut down that website.

Companies could also see it as a way to get their competitors from getting out across the internet.

You got that link because whoever setup your network is using OpenDNS which censors the web via DNS lookups.

Switch to Google\'s DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) servers and your internet won\'t be censored at the whim of some puritan company.

I used to use OpenDNS until they started pulling this bullshit. If you want to know what the Internet would look like under SOPA, use OpenDNS.

Arrr!

Capt\'n Skunky

Every functioning human feels the same and the event\'s over, but reading this made me smile so I felt it was witty enough to spread a bit further.

A while back I bought Digitanks, on its own merits but also because it was the first thing in years to resemble Moonbase Commander, which is the best thing though 'Atari' desperately don\'t want you to buy it. This is from the creator of Digitanks.

Protest SOPA - Pirate Digitanks

Today is Internet Blackout Day, in protest of SOPA. To do my small part in the protest I encourage everybody to pirate Digitanks for free. If this legislation passes then I won’t be able to make a living on the internet, so you may as well pirate my games. You can find a pirated version of Digitanks here:

http://vinoisnotouzo.com/Digitanks-1.2.1.torrent

I’m not asking you to buy the game if you like it. Hell I’m not even asking you to play it. Just download it, and pass the word on to your friends. Already own Digitanks? Download it again, just for kicks. There is no DRM on the original version of Digitanks, so this is really just the install files from the game, same as you would get if you bought it.

“But wait Vino,†I hear you say. “It’s not really pirating if you pirate your own game, is it?†My response to you is, “Shut up you nut fucker and pirate my damn game.†Or do you like SOPA?

You can also help protest SOPA by contacting your congressperson. For more info visit any Wikipedia page today.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.