Not Enough Electricity.

Hello,

I've noticed a problem with several space craft I have built.

I'm going to use my Orinoco for the example.

Electrical Power Sources:

Z4K Rechargeable Battery Bank (4000/4000)

Mk1-2 Command Pod (150/150)

LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor (0.01/0.10)

LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor (0.01/0.10)

Rockomax "Skipper" Liquid Engine (0.01/0.20)

OX-STAT Photovoltaic Panels (Enegery Flow 0.39)

OX-STAT Photovoltaic Panels (Enegery Flow 0.40)

OX-STAT Photovoltaic Panels (Enegery Flow 0.00)

OX-STAT Photovoltaic Panels (Enegery Flow 0.00)

Currently I am using the advanced Sas modual Large.

The reaction wheels are enabled. However it says "Not Enough El...." when I right click on it.

The resources at the top right of the screen show full electrical charge "4150/4150"

It shows a slight drain and imediate recharge on the batteries keeping them at 4150.

The SAS works, even when I turn on my lights, the sas still functions.

So why does it say I dont have enough el... ? How much "El..." does it need? (I'm guessing they mean Electricical charge)

Why does it show full charge? Everything works?

What am I missing?

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, if any 1 part of your ship is out of charge (Most likely the command pod) then everything else will read out of charge (this is mote notable when you are performing data transmissions) Best you can do is ignore it as it doesn't affect anything.

I just ran into this as well. Some of my reaction wheels kept toggling between enabled and not enough electric. It didn't cause any issues until I tried to run a probe that only had the okto for reaction wheels and use MechJeb. It worked fine manually, but mechjeb kept reseting it's turn every time the power cycled, so it couldn't maneuver at all. It did this consistently across multiple craft.

I stumbled across the fix by accident. It seems to be that KSP is confused about which pod is in control. I hit control from here on a part (any part) and the issue disappeared.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
This bug happens to me from time to time - the "control from" fix does not work for me (not every time). Can this be caused by some mod?

This is probably better posted in a new thread in the Bugs section. When you do post it, please add pics and a list of mods you're running.

Mods will probably lock this as a "necro" shortly.

This bug happens to me from time to time - the "control from" fix does not work for me (not every time). Can this be caused by some mod?

Also, if all you are seeing is "not enough electrical charge" then it's fine. Unless you are having some other difficulty, seeing that message doesn't actually cause any problems.

If you are having more problems than just this, then like LethalDose suggested, start a new topic with pictures and a description of the problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.