How do I rotate parts (for rover assembly mostly)

Yep, it's probably a newb question, but that's where I'm at right now. For the record I've been to the Mun and Minmus on several occasions, and have a partially crashed / parked probe on Duna. I'm also playing without any mods.

I just recently built a rover, but it wasn't what I wanted. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to rotate a part (like a wheel assembly) and attach it to the side of another part (like a mobile lab). Every attempt puts the wheels on the bottom, forcing my lab to roll around on it's end looking like a mobile beer can on the moon.

If it helps to visualize it, this thread contains images of what I was trying to construct.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63481-Runaway-rover-Science-Lab

Edited by ODaily
Question answered.

It also helps if you use your mouse to zoom in closer. Zoom in close, use WASDQE to rotate, and use small struts to attach parts in places without attachment points. This is also how you use clipping without cheating, which allows you to pack more into your designs, keeping them compact and much better looking.

Awesome. Just tried it out by randomly attaching some stayputniks all over the place. Works great, thanks for the help.

It also helps if you use your mouse to zoom in closer.

I truly honestly didn't know that you could do this. I just played with button combinations till I got it to work. I'm just thinking how many times that would have been helpful when trying to get all the pieces aligned just-so. If anyone else is curious, hold down your middle mouse button and move up or down on the screen to zoom / unzoom.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.