Hard mode via mods?

Just get Real Solar System and spend a few days learning to get into orbit. Realism Overhaul is also good, but it resizes everything to new sizes which can be annoying. Get Modular Fuel System when it's updated (currently waiting for that myself)

How well is KSP Interstellar balanced in the tech tree?

Also, what are you using for fairings, and how well do you think it's balanced?

As far as vanilla goes.....

As I'm not using mechjeb, the only thing that's easier (somewhat) is docking, but that's more because of the docking port indicator than anything else - which is because half of the "difficulty" with vanilla docking is getting the camera into the right location so you can see what you're doing, as the navball generally tells you everything else you need to know.

Edited by almagnus1

Try playing stock kerbal but only in IVA view. No maps, no nodes, no lines. Make it to the mun like Armstrong did. Thats hardcore...

That's not really fair if you don't have a mission control to help you, though. :P I know a bunch of people did this for real, and used the web tool that exports data from KSP so they could advise the pilot over radio.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.