[1.8-1.9] Modular Fuel Tanks v5.13.1

taniwha

• 2 weeks later...

So i found an error with the NCS adapter. 

In the editor you set the LFO tanks 45% and 55% and all looks good.  Then at launch it goes back to the original 80 units of liquid fuel which is supposed to be the max for the whole piece as well as having oxidizer tank too. 

PICTURES:

Spoiler

FeREsOo.png

Spoiler

AsSGHmw.png

Edited by Cerberus738
Pictures in spoiler tags

Can MFT handle a module with a scaling value that is equal to a resource? I would like to have procedural KIS tanks, but tank definitions are a resource and KIS is a module, even though the capacity should be easy to scale. I assume this is not possible with MM?

I have cross mod bug report too: (moved post from B9 thread)

Apparently with latest tweak scale and module manager some downscaled HX parts have negative mass.

Probably Modular  Fuel Tanks messes up them, as removing fuel tanks from parts lower its mass below 0 when downscaled to 2.5m or lower.

This happens to HX2-A-HX1-B and HX1-A-SD structural modules. - parts from B9 HX mod.

Here is mod list:

uKHJl4N.png

B9 provides its own MFT configs (really, as all parts mods should).

As for the X7200, I seem to have no configs for it (in MFT's repo), so I guess KPBS provides its own configs too.

10 hours ago, taniwha said:

B9 provides its own MFT configs (really, as all parts mods should).

As for the X7200, I seem to have no configs for it (in MFT's repo), so I guess KPBS provides its own configs too.

I already reported it in B9 thread, but someone said I should report it here >.>

5 hours ago, taniwha said:

B9 has had its own configs since KSP 0.24 or 0.25 (I don't remember exactly when), but remember Tavarius doing them.

Hmm so these could be outdated by now - bug shows, when parts are downscaled.

6 hours ago, taniwha said:

B9 has had its own configs since KSP 0.24 or 0.25 (I don't remember exactly when), but remember Tavarius doing them.

B9 has its own configs, yes (which I have been keeping up to date).  But I don't see anything on B9's end that could be causing negative mass (fuel switchers are removed when MFT/RF are present, and even if they were present they only ever add mass in B9).  It may have slipped through @raxo2222's post that Tweakscale is involved here ... should the current version of MFT be considered compatible with Tweakscale?

@raxo2222 I just had a chat with NathanKell, and it appears that there are currently compatibility issues between MFT/RF and Tweakscale which can cause negative mass.  My impression is that this has to be fixed in Tweakscale, but I'm not super familiar with the issue.

6 hours ago, blowfish said:

@raxo2222 I just had a chat with NathanKell, and it appears that there are currently compatibility issues between MFT/RF and Tweakscale which can cause negative mass.  My impression is that this has to be fixed in Tweakscale, but I'm not super familiar with the issue.

So its tweak scale issue then.

Apparently KSPI resources - Aluminum, Alumina (Al2O3) Helium 3, and stock Ore are missing in MFT menu (procedural tank part):

In this screenshot I'm making ISRU buffer, hence this part is so tiny. (ISRU in this pic is 2.5m big)

Edited by raxo2222

Considering you have a huge pile of resources and MFT knows about only the stock resources, I'd say KSPI needs to add some module manager patches to get the resources into the appropriate tank type.

13 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Considering you have a huge pile of resources and MFT knows about only the stock resources, I'd say KSPI needs to add some module manager patches to get the resources into the appropriate tank type.

Well then it leaves stock Ore resource.

And this huge pile is from KSPI :P

Edited by raxo2222

• 3 weeks later...

Possible improvement: The "Show UI" button is not so obvious from which mod it comes. I certainly missed this button for ages
until I got curious why there is no fuel switching available on the Fuel Tanks Plus that claim to have MFT support.
Better call it "Show Fuel Loadout" or something like that.

Another improvement: Could you add a button to distribute LF and O2 fuel values to become the typical ratio for LFO engines?
Like when I reduce the LF in a tank from 500 to 400, I can with a press of a button reduce the O2 amount according to that 1:1.22 ratio?
Would be a nice quality of life feature.

Agreed that "show ui" is rather... under-informative.

It likely was not obvious, but you can edit tanks via the action group panel (select panel, then click on tank to edit).

As for LFO mix: already there. Have an LFO engine attached to the ship and you will get a button to set the available volume to 45/55 LF/O, and/or a button for 100% LF if either a jet engine or an LV-N is attached. I believe similar for monoprop and related engines.

• 2 weeks later...

IDK if I should post there, but support for SMURFF would be nice.

It changes mass ratios of stock resources to be realistic. I play with RSS, so mod like SMURFF is a must.

Edited by raxo2222

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.