[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

You know simply saying what engines from what mod pack would have sufficed:) Because honestly, I have no idea where those come from. Regardless, it's not hard to create a MM file to do all sorts of things, change fuel, add fuel, subtract fuel, add AJE capability, you name it.

You know simply saying what engines from what mod pack would have sufficed:) Because honestly, I have no idea where those come from. Regardless, it's not hard to create a MM file to do all sorts of things, change fuel, add fuel, subtract fuel, add AJE capability, you name it.

I couldn't remember what pack they came from right then and there. They are from the TT Pitch Vector engines.

I couldn't remember what pack they came from right then and there. They are from the TT Pitch Vector engines.

Oh ok. I understand. Do you want to try it yourself, or would you like me to make a RSS/RO config for them incorporating AJE and the likes?

Oh ok. I understand. Do you want to try it yourself, or would you like me to make a RSS/RO config for them incorporating AJE and the likes?

If someone could do it, or walk me through it in baby steps I would be greatful, I am not a computer programmer, I understand enough to break things and sometimes fix issues. But I am a technician and damned good with a long gun, expert with the M249SAW, M16A2, M4, and Bernelli shotgun. Not good at fixing or programming things.

If someone could do it, or walk me through it in baby steps I would be greatful, I am not a computer programmer, I understand enough to break things and sometimes fix issues. But I am a technician and damned good with a long gun, expert with the M249SAW, M16A2, M4, and Bernelli shotgun. Not good at fixing or programming things.

Let me get home from work, download the pack, and I'll PM you with instructions.

Gah. It's been a busy week. Meant to have this up ages ago. Sorry all.

Changelog:

v6.2 \/

*Added new fuels from RedAV8R

*Updated HGR patch from Sandworm

*Tweaked some Firespitter part volumes, added support for more fuselage parts

*swamp_ig:

+Fixed cloning

+Fixed default amounts not loading

+Fixed ProcParts interoperability issues

+Fixed compatibility with Engine Ignitor

Hello!

I use the Procedural Parts mod and I have an issue regarding its compatibility with the Real Fuels.

I suppose it replaces the config for all the procedural fuel tanks and fuselage parts, is that true?

The problem is that I can not change the textures on all the procedural parts that have been affected by the Real Fuels.

For example all the cryogenic and balloon tanks can only be orange and there are no controls to change this.

That makes my rockets look quite weird as you guess. How do I fix that?

I actually do not know whether kethane is actually a liquid or a gas or whatever it is, but can the tanks supposed to hold kethane be converted into the real volume capacity units like the Real Fuels does with all other tanks?

Thank you!

Kitspace - Update Procedural Parts (now 0.9.14) and RealFuels (now v6.2). Latest version of each works fine together.

As for Kethane, yeah, that can be done. Kethane itself actually adds Kethane as a resource available in 'Default' type fuel tanks. In other words as a stopgap measure, you can use PP tanks of 'Default' type to have realistic volume. Until RealFuels is updated again with a new file to add Kethane tanks with realistic values. Also FWIW...when you install the latest of all versions, a new tank appears strictly for Kethane in PP.

More realistic values for the Kethane tanks:

@PART[kethane_tank1mLarge]:Final

{

@RESOURCE[Kethane]

{

@maxAmount = 2200

}

}

@PART[kethane_tank1mStandard]:Final

{

@RESOURCE[Kethane]

{

@maxAmount = 2200

}

}

@PART[kethane_tank2mExtralarge]:Final

{

@RESOURCE[Kethane]

{

@maxAmount = 32000

}

}

@PART[kethane_tank2mLarge]:Final

{

@RESOURCE[Kethane]

{

@maxAmount = 16000

}

}

@PART[kethane_tank2mMedium]:Final

{

@RESOURCE[Kethane]

{

@maxAmount = 8500

}

}

@PART[kethane_tank2mSmall]:Final

{

@RESOURCE[Kethane]

{

@maxAmount = 3000

}

}

@PART[kethane_tankExternal]:Final

{

@RESOURCE[Kethane]

{

@maxAmount = 90

}

}

Edited by RedAV8R

I'm not sure if this is a bug with PP or with RF, but, if you alt-click a tank to clone it, once you replace it on the vessel, right clicking it does nothing and the RF GUi doesn't appear in action group mode either.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the update :) Nice work!

Edited by curiousepic

Hmm, using RO and PP, the RO-modified RCS tanks (the two Stratus-Vs) seem to be breaking things. Any vessel that has one on it produces this when launching:

[LOG 20:49:03.373] Registering module updater: RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks

[EXC 20:49:03.378] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

(repeating)

And the vessel loads into Witchspace. Back in the VAB, the vessel is broken, with parts coming away without their attachments.

EDIT: So, it looks like this is true for any RO/RF-version stock tank.

Edited by curiousepic

Hmm, using RO and PP, the RO-modified RCS tanks (the two Stratus-Vs) seem to be breaking things. Any vessel that has one on it produces this when launching:

[LOG 20:49:03.373] Registering module updater: RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks

[EXC 20:49:03.378] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

(repeating)

And the vessel loads into Witchspace. Back in the VAB, the vessel is broken, with parts coming away without their attachments.

EDIT: So, it looks like this is true for any RO/RF-version stock tank.

Ensure you have the latest version of RO (v5.1 - Need to delete the RSS_Resources.cfg found in the RedAV8R folder - new version due for release very soon this is already done), RF (now v6.2), and PP (now v0.9.14). I'm not experiencing the NRE spam.

As for the PP RCS not appearing, that is actually because with RealFuels, it removes it. That is expected behavior.

Ensure you have the latest version of RO (v5.1 - Need to delete the RSS_Resources.cfg found in the RedAV8R folder - new version due for release very soon this is already done), RF (now v6.2), and PP (now v0.9.14). I'm not experiencing the NRE spam.

Yep, I'm up to date on these. Must be something in the rest of my mod stack or personal cfgs. Anyway, with my confusion about PP cleared up I'm fine without the stock RCS tanks.

I created a ModuleManager patch file for converting Porkjet's Spaceplane Plus pack to RF use, usual disclaimers apply, but it may help somebody else out.

// RealFuels config for Porkjet's Spaceplane Plus 1.1 parts

@PART[mk2_1m_AdapterLong]
{
//!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {}
//!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 2500
type = Default
}
}

@PART[mk2_1m_Adapter]
{
//!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 1500
type = Default
}
}

@PART[mk2Fuselage_L]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 3000
type = Default
}
}

@PART[mk2Fuselage_LFO]
{
//!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 3000
type = Default
}
}

@PART[mk2Fuselage_Short_L]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 1500
type = Default
}
}

@PART[mk2Fuselage_Short_LFO]
{
//!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 1500
type = Default
}
}

@PART[mk2_1m_Bicoupler]
{
//!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 1500
type = Default
}
}

@PART[mk2DockingPort]
{
//!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant] {}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 180
type = RCSHighEfficiency
}
}

@PART[mk2Cockpit_Standard]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 20
type = RCSHighEfficiency
}
}

@PART[mk2Cockpit_Inline]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 30
type = RCSHighEfficiency
}
}

Has anyone ever gotten around to making a full B9_Aerospace / B9Aerospace (trying to make this searchable for other people in the future.. I've always thought the 3 character search limit was stupid) config for both the engines and the RCS? I'm starting to play around with spaceplanes and having to use Monoprop is kinda dissappointing.

Has anyone ever gotten around to making a full B9_Aerospace / B9Aerospace (trying to make this searchable for other people in the future.. I've always thought the 3 character search limit was stupid) config for both the engines and the RCS? I'm starting to play around with spaceplanes and having to use Monoprop is kinda dissappointing.

I haven't seen a full one, B9 is a great kit, I can add it to my list if you'd like.

In the next release I will have the balancing much closer to where it needs to be for the final product so feel free to wait until I have Alpha 6 or later available. I can't guarantee a date however because I still have a long list of things to do.

In the next release I will have the balancing much closer to where it needs to be for the final product so feel free to wait until I have Alpha 6 or later available. I can't guarantee a date however because I still have a long list of things to do.

Good to know! No rush at all, plenty on my list to do while I wait for Alpha6.

I need some help with creating new engines. I am trying to convert the XS25 SSME from Klockheed Martian into a realistic RS25. Everything works, except the ISP refuses to change. I used the Excel thingy to figure out which numbers I have to put everywhere, but they still stay around 350 vacuum (I don't remember the exact number) and some low value for SL, too. Also, I think the mass changed itself from 3.5 to 3.0. I also tried getting the ARM engines working and this is where things went from bad to worse. The big single chamber one (which I decided to convert into an F1B) seems to work... I think. The SRB changed its scale and amount of propellant (the last one is because I edited the original file itself), but the thrust and I think ISP didn't change. The KS25 cluster refuses to change at all. Seriously, not even the scale changes. I have made sure that in the part names are correct in the MM configs. I made the configs by extracting a single engine from the RftS configs file and editing that separately for each engine (a separate file for each engine). Is there anything I did horribly wrong or does KSP just hate me (again)?

Another issue I have is that when I attach any part to a fuel tank, some of the fuel from it disappears. Particularly annoying when editing any kind of service modules.

Edited by xrayfishx

Wonderful, if you need any help, I'd be happy to volunteer.