the doors in pods

I would like there be a door animation,in KSP because its boring when you just eva your kerbals and boom your done with the mission,i like all the pods in KSP and would like to see doors open :)

Hello SlenderFan,

I previously suggested this a few weeks ago.

I got a reply basically saying that there are too many different situations that a pod can be in to animate it. Such as if it is face down the game must detect that and prevent the animation from happening, and in water, the flooding, space, the vacuum, etc.

It isn't anywhere on their list of things to do, sorry.

Might as well just wait until career is semi finished to do all your suggestions since everything else is now on the "W.N.T.S" list.

Sam

EDIT: Oh sorry, I mean 99.99% of everything you can suggest is on the list.

Perhaps not the best examples given, but if they animated it, they'd need to animate for a whole bunch of different pod orientations, since you can't easily climb out of the pod without ignoring gravity if you're landed on a planet. Then they have to accommodate for different gravity (so on Eve the animation would have to be considerably different to, say, Gilly, or even in orbit). I *think* (correct me if I'm wrong) you can still exit a pod whilst the hatch is underwater, so they'd need some kind of an animation for that... the list just goes on and on. You could take a good long time to work out a procedural animation for it, but again that's still very complicated to do.

Perhaps not the best examples given, but if they animated it, they'd need to animate for a whole bunch of different pod orientations, since you can't easily climb out of the pod without ignoring gravity if you're landed on a planet. Then they have to accommodate for different gravity (so on Eve the animation would have to be considerably different to, say, Gilly, or even in orbit). I *think* (correct me if I'm wrong) you can still exit a pod whilst the hatch is underwater, so they'd need some kind of an animation for that... the list just goes on and on. You could take a good long time to work out a procedural animation for it, but again that's still very complicated to do.

Thanks for clearing up, it was quite a while ago that I posted the thread that included this in and I had forgot about the specifics of the thread. I posted the thread about how increasing the interaction between creator and creation in KSP should be priority and I used EVA animations as one of the examples, and the reply for that was basically the quote above - too many different situations.

I say this has been cleaned up nicely, sorry OP about the outcome :P

Sam

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.