Multi-body craft-return science logging.

If the title seems confusing... I couldn't think of a more concise way of putting it.

I have just recently finished up a manned mission to Duna and Ike. My landing craft (which did the landings for both Ike and Duna) was the thing that landed back on Kerbin. However, upon reviewing all of the science that I got, I noticed that it only logged the craft for landing on Ike, but not Duna.

Therefore, I suggest that the game logs each body a craft lands on so you can get the "returned a vessel from the surface of <body>" science points for each body instead of just the first one it lands on.

i think data is overwriten unless a kerbal grabs it from the sensor in eva and puts it in a command module. that applies to thermometers, barometers, gravioli, atmospheric scanners, and seismic sensors. the lab and goo however, must be reset at a science lab to get multiple uses.

i think data is overwriten unless a kerbal grabs it from the sensor in eva and puts it in a command module. that applies to thermometers, barometers, gravioli, atmospheric scanners, and seismic sensors. the lab and goo however, must be reset at a science lab to get multiple uses.

That is how you reset said experiments, but there is no way to reset the science points that are relevant to this thread.

I think it takes the situation that would yield the most science points, e.g. if you got into Mun orbit, it would give you "returned from Mun orbit" instead of "returned from flyby of Mun" even though you did both. Here, it's saying that Ike gives you more points than Duna, which is probably true.

On the suggestion, I'm not completely sure. In your case, I think that giving both Duna and Ike return points is justified, but maybe not for every case. For example, a Mun landing would get flight + Kerbin suborbital + Kerbin orbit + Mun flyby + Mun orbit + Mun suborbital + Mun's surface.

On the suggestion, I'm not completely sure. In your case, I think that giving both Duna and Ike return points is justified, but maybe not for every case. For example, a Mun landing would get flight + Kerbin suborbital + Kerbin orbit + Mun flyby + Mun orbit + Mun suborbital + Mun's surface.

Good point. Perhaps it should just log the landings for multiple bodies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.