[v0.1] BACE Construction Co.

NovaSilisko

Perhaps some sort of rover deployment platform?

This. Or even a rover inside it as well!

I know you are waiting for persistence to fly the Mun base up in multiple missions but I think it would still be very useful now to make them also dummy parts so you can fly them all in one go for now.

An observatory - definitely, I\'ll get on that

Communications dish. - that works, too

Agricultural pod. - planned, not sure how to make it obvious that it\'s a farm inside

Helium-3 factory. - not exactly sure what that would look like

Science lab. - sure

Munar VAB - far too big for a single module.

An observatory - definitely, I\'ll get on that

Communications dish. - that works, too

Agricultural pod. - planned, not sure how to make it obvious that it\'s a farm inside

Science lab. - sure

Munar VAB - far too big for a single module.

Large red letters that say FARM.

Hm. A dome similar to the one on the nuclear reactor with blue top triangles with green accents near the bottom. In place of the nuclear trefoil, I\'d use a green plant logo like the one in Wall-E. I\'ll post a low res screen cap once If find me DVD. It would probably be a very simple mod (slight expansion of the fuel and power arms, and a reskin).

Edit: Louie Mantia has done a really good wallpaper that shows the logo I was thinking off: Link to 'Operation Recolonize'.

Big, industrial, and lots of pipes everywhere. It would need a scooping arm structure (maybe like the one on the reactor) and a cracking tower like structure and small tanks at the bottom. I\'m trying to think of a way that it wouldn\'t be a super-high polygon model.

The wheels I don\'t recognize. But the majority of the parts are lego. I can see lightsabers and droid torsos making up the rover, and omnidirectional joints for the walker\'s legs.

its probably because the minifig is a fake and completely out of scale from the rest of the models. The wheels are DEFINITELY not lego.

If anyone\'s interested, I did a project in collaboration with NASA a few months ago that was centered around lunar He-3 resource development., I could post a few of the design concepts that were included in the report.

If anyone\'s interested, I did a project in collaboration with NASA a few months ago that was centered around lunar He-3 resource development., I could post a few of the design concepts that were included in the report.

I say do it.

make sure you check that NASA wants their Helium-3 concepts shared first. They probably don\'t care but just to be sure.

make sure you check that NASA wants their Helium-3 concepts shared first. They probably don\'t care but just to be sure.

Oh, I\'m pretty sure they wouldn\'t care. The designs our team presented were never approved due to budget cuts and whatnot, so I\'d be surprised if they even know they exist.

That said, the design can be pretty flexible. There are just a few things that need to be taken into account when talking about Helium-3 mining, specifically.

1) You don\'t need to dig deep. 70% of the He3 resides in the top 4 inches of regolith dust. The most efficient design would be a sort of scoop/trough design that would plow around the surface and collect the 'dust.'

2) Unless you want a small reactor on-board, you\'ll need a large solar collector to generate the heat energy necessary to process the regolith and separate the He3 from the other elements.

3) This almost goes without saying, but remember that He3 is a gas, so you\'ll need tanks to store it until you can transfer it to a transport/storage vehicle.

4) Don\'t forget about the other elements found in regolith! Once processed, you can extract Oxygen, Aluminum and trace amounts of Hydrogen from the rock.

(A general outline of a lunar resource development lander)

lunproc.jpg

Oh, I\'m pretty sure they wouldn\'t care. The designs our team presented were never approved due to budget cuts and whatnot, so I\'d be surprised if they even know they exist.

That said, the design can be pretty flexible. There are just a few things that need to be taken into account when talking about Helium-3 mining, specifically.

1) You don\'t need to dig deep. 70% of the He3 resides in the top 4 inches of regolith dust. The most efficient design would be a sort of scoop/trough design that would plow around the surface and collect the 'dust.'

2) Unless you want a small reactor on-board, you\'ll need a large solar collector to generate the heat energy necessary to process the regolith and separate the He3 from the other elements.

3) This almost goes without saying, but remember that He3 is a gas, so you\'ll need tanks to store it until you can transfer it to a transport/storage vehicle.

4) Don\'t forget about the other elements found in regolith! Once processed, you can extract Oxygen, Aluminum and trace amounts of Hydrogen from the rock.

lunproc.jpg

That looks awesome!

lunproc.jpg

That story made me think so much of the Movie \'Moon\'.

Dunno if you\'ve seen it, but in that movie they ( corporation ) harvests the moons surface aswell for some sort of rocks/gas to send back to earth wich apperantly is highly valuable.

Imagine Huge combine machines raking the surface of the moon! :) it seemed pretty realistic.

Go see it! Awesome movie.

moon-movie.jpg