InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

Not sure if this is where I should suggest this, but going to do it anyway:

You should add an AI part.

Basically, you attach it radially to a vessel, and it will have a built-in IFF.

Essentially, what it should do is something like this:

1. Detect any vessels with opposite team IFF within a range of, say 5 km.

2. If landed, take off.

3. Fly towards target.

4. Engage target using any weapons on board.

This would allow for things like player vs AI battles, or AI vs AI battles, and would eliminate the need for things like singleplayer people or video makers to have to do everything turn-based.

Could you look into adding more sizes of guns, and more that can turn (20, 50, 70, 102, 150, 200, 250 mm) without the tank cockpit thing or naval turret?

Standalone cannons would be fantastic. We'd have some sweet vehicles then. :cool:

Also the number pad controls (0, period, 5 and 6) for the tank and naval turret don't work for me.

And as a side note, is there going be any improvement to the sound FX?

Standalone cannons would be fantastic. We'd have some sweet vehicles then. :cool:

Also the number pad controls (0, period, 5 and 6) for the tank and naval turret don't work for me.

And as a side note, is there going be any improvement to the sound FX?

Have you got Num Lock on? You need it on for the Turret controls to work. I think that needs to be put in the manual, a lot of people have asked that question....

Agree, hull mounted cannon would be awesome, i'd make little Kerbal field guns and tow them about with KAS.

I cant seem to get this mod working. I installed it by dropping the IDSkillfulR1 folder into the GameData folder. It loads perfectly, and I can put parts on my craft, but none of the guns fire or rotate. When I right click on it nothing comes up but the box that tells how much ammo is left. I am not using any other mods, only this. I REALLY want to make a tank with the caterpillar tracks mod. Whats going on with this?

1024x576.resizedimage

1024x576.resizedimage

Lamellar Class Heavy Cruiser:

Part Count: 150

Total Mass: 85 t (may be calculating the 2/3 fuel)

Powerplant: x6 LV-N Atomic Rocket Motors

Max Thrust: 60.0x6 = 360 (90% throttle recommended due to engine temperature)

Total Fuel Capacity: 4590

Armament: x2 127mm Cannon turrets

. x7 7.62mm Air Auto Turrets

Armour Plating: 2.5cm Lamellar Armour Belts

. 3.5cm Armoured Turret skirting

RCS: 9 seconds to spin 360

Reaction Wheels: 12 seconds to spin 360

Docking: x2 Medium shielded docking ports

. x1 Large docking port (behind the ship)

Electricity Supply: 8 Small Solar Plates

. x8 PB-NUK Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generators

Crew: 6

Mods: Skillful and B9.

Comments:

- The name was inspired by the armour I was trying out. The ID Armoured Belly Plates covered a large area and their curves were useful for covering things up. This resulted in the look of Lamellar Armour. Use the Modular Girder Segments to get the belly plates lifted above the ship's surface.

- The Lamellar Heavy Cruiser (CA) is no where a perfectly armoured space ship. In fact, it resembles something of a more commercial cruiser retrofitted with armour and cannons. The armour does not fully cover the ship, this is done because of part-count concerns and weight management but leaves a few exposed areas. This is especially true of the forward bridge being completely exposed.

- The Lamellar's firepower is reliant on the two 127mm cannon turrets which enjoy a full 360 degree field of view. Secondary weapon armament are the x7 7.62mm auto turrets. The Lamellar lacks rockets and heavy machine guns.

- There was a command tower in the back which was replaced with 2 auto turrets, the com tower was extra weight and drag while being an exposed target so it was removed.

- The Lamellar is slow for a Cruiser; however, it makes up for that with large fuel capacity and very efficient engines, giving the ship very good endurance and range.

- The covered medium docking ports on the sides of the Lamellar are a bit of a problem, the shield opens up and gets caught on the lighting near by.

- I had to launch with about 1/4 less fuel than the ship can carry since a test launch showed that a full tank of fuel was too much weight to circularize my orbit in time before plummeting back down.

- The tri-adaptors for the nuclear motors needed to be reinforced with space tape, something wrong with the B9 adapters.

- Overall, she could be better, but I decided to post her as she represents something I would expect to see thrown together to fill the ranks of a fleet. Something like a converted vessel or an existing non-combat production ship being produced with war-time modifications until infrastructure adapts. I like to design things like this, not perfect, but useful enough.

Edited by PerfectDeath

- The Lamellar Heavy Cruiser (CA) is no where a perfectly armoured space ship. In fact, it resembles something of a more commercial cruiser retrofitted with armour and cannons. The armour does not fully cover the ship, this is done because of part-count concerns and weight management but leaves a few exposed areas. This is especially true of the forward bridge being completely exposed.

Awesome work on that, looks pretty beastly! I'm surprised you didn't find a place to stick a Phalanx CIWS on it!

Reading that description though, and looking at the size of the thing, I think it's rather like a Monitor (decent weapon power, reasonably armoured, small; look them up) or Destroyer class vessel than a heavy cruiser; you'd wanna be using 1 or 2 of those 14" guns on a cruiser!

Awesome work on that, looks pretty beastly! I'm surprised you didn't find a place to stick a Phalanx CIWS on it!

Reading that description though, and looking at the size of the thing, I think it's rather like a Monitor (decent weapon power, reasonably armoured, small; look them up) or Destroyer class vessel than a heavy cruiser; you'd wanna be using 1 or 2 of those 14" guns on a cruiser!

True, it is pretty small for a cruiser. I'm mostly used to my old scales, we also don't have much for standards for scale on KSP. =P

Also, I could have fit the Phalanx, but again, heavy. I launch these manually. =]

True, it is pretty small for a cruiser. I'm mostly used to my old scales, we also don't have much for standards for scale on KSP. =P

Also, I could have fit the Phalanx, but again, heavy. I launch these manually. =]

Excellent, pretty cool mix of parts.

1024x576.resizedimage

Dun dun dun! Now to get into spess!

I was going to have it open mouthed; however, I plan to launch it backwards!

Those 4 nuclear engines in the back are tricky to stick onto heavy launching stage...

Edited by PerfectDeath

Ooo that's purdy!! Nice work on the light carrier; carriers and destroyers go together like bread and butter! Are/have you put any weapons on it? Carriers usually feature some anti-fighter weaponry (usually SAM sites) but you could use AA turrets. The 30mm auto-cannons on space fighters would be cool, pretty devastating too!

I got a couple of Corvettes in orbit, and I'm working on a cruiser; but now I just wanna make a heavy fighter/corvette where its only weapon is the Phalanx CIWS.... :cool:

Of course! I do too, hyper-edit or infinite fuel is just cheating; making them awesome, heavily armed, armoured AND light enough to get to orbit is most of the fun/challenge! :D

Edited by Random Tank

I know there is a patch coming soon, but in case you havent addressed this, Hard points cannot change ordnance once you load it. If i load a 125lb bomb and change my mind and want a 250, i have to delete the hard point. which seems simple, but when you spend a while putting the hard point in a perfect place to conserve plane stability, and you have to delete it and do it again, it gets a little annoying. Not a game breaker by any means, but a fix would be greatly appreciated. as always, stay awesome Infinite. one might say, infinitly awesome. :P (not like you'll have to worry though, you'll always be awesome. you were awesome before skillful. now you're like...idk the word. someone help?)

I know there is a patch coming soon, but in case you havent addressed this, Hard points cannot change ordnance once you load it. If i load a 125lb bomb and change my mind and want a 250, i have to delete the hard point. which seems simple, but when you spend a while putting the hard point in a perfect place to conserve plane stability, and you have to delete it and do it again, it gets a little annoying. Not a game breaker by any means, but a fix would be greatly appreciated. as always, stay awesome Infinite. one might say, infinitly awesome. :P (not like you'll have to worry though, you'll always be awesome. you were awesome before skillful. now you're like...idk the word. someone help?)

No you don't have to move it. Just select the new size and click the load ordinance button again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.