InfiniteDice -=Skillful=- Combat Damage & Weapons Mod

InfiniteDice

I have been creating my own vehicles too, but they are still work in progress :)

so have I, but some of mine were made before the mod was released, and i simply added guns and bombs, some of them i also showed on earlier posts

i will make a thread and let you guys know, and it will contain the craft files :D

I'm not sure how Kerbal's engine or your mod handles this, but I assume it is similar to Source's. I remember a mod for Garry's Mod that had a similar goal as your mod, and suffered from similar hit detection issues until the modders added a trace between the current position of a projectile and the next to prevent them from phasing through objects. Is this possible with Unity? If you don't feel like doing the math required to perform a trace between the projectile's current position and its next position, simply perform a trace between the projectile's current position and its last.

I'm already doing a trace to check for a missed collision... problem is... if there is nothing to check against that fails. Certain areas of the terrain and buildings seem to make this happen.. Another limitation is when you sandwich a bunch of colliders together closely, there is a possibility that the wrong collider will be hit.

I'm sure my method could be improved a little.

Im thinking of starting a thread for this skillful+firespitter wwii stuff, with downloads. Is it ok if I put a craft for download with this mod in it?

Cool... just please direct people to the official Skillful Spaceport download links, this is what I update. Also put a link back to this thread so people can find answers to various issues, etc.

Umm why the pre-made crafts aren't included? I've searched on the mod's folder, the "Crafts" file its there, and with crafts in it, maybe i can try manually copying the .craft and placing then on the SPH? (Or is it VAB? I like doing my vehicles on the SPH though)

Umm why the pre-made crafts aren't included? I've searched on the mod's folder, the "Crafts" file its there, and with crafts in it, maybe i can try manually copying the .craft and placing then on the SPH? (Or is it VAB? I like doing my vehicles on the SPH though)

Yes I don't assume people want them, but they are there for those who do.

although i'm just palning to make the HALO defence network out of this (and various other mods) i wanna say that (although there is bugs) i love it..

idea: the auto turret should have a big brother (not too big) with another gun (like the bomber/ball gunner had) and maybe bigger... just a thought. also maybe it can be animated to like drop down?

Oh, ok, i just wanted to take a look to them, although i like doing stuff myself lol

I've just re-installed Firespitter, i'll see what i can do, but after finishing the Viking I/II mission (Yes i like re-creating actual missions... Not apollo though lol), the rocket ends up being too tall and after breaking the rocket at the launchpad, it crashed, so yea :rolleyes:

In that case you might want to edit it to use 5" ammo... as the gun will still be using 14" ammo and that == 0.68 kerbal mass PER shell. ;)

I'm afraid I have no idea how to do this, I will stick with the 14" stuff- working on getting the tank gun downsized too

Hey Im still having trouble, fresh reinstall. I have done what you have told me. Think I messed up somewhere. Now could you please show a picture (a screen shot) of the actual part cfg, with cockpit memory in it. And the ID prop in the Internal Mk1 cockpit. Thank you for the great mod and help, if it dosent work then, ill wait till R2!:D

The auto-turrets work only on vessels with IFF's set to hostile. Blue is hostile to Red.

If all else fails I think that could be it.

I was talking about rotatable turrets as a whole, I'm not sure if I need an IFF for manual turrets but it doesn't seem to rotate in any way even with a supply of electricity, it may be due to a mod conflict but I don't know

I was talking about rotatable turrets as a whole, I'm not sure if I need an IFF for manual turrets but it doesn't seem to rotate in any way even with a supply of electricity, it may be due to a mod conflict but I don't know

Manual turrets no. The only thing that could stop a manual turret from rotating would be 1) no electricity 2) keyboard incompatibility 3) key assignment wrong 4) it's damaged 'yellow' 5) control this is off.

Aside from those expect a mod conflict of some kind. Try to get more info.

Small but important update was uploaded. If you are having issues with rocket pods, this addresses some of them. I advise to ALWAYS pre-load your pods in the SPH prior to launch. In the event an error occurs where the pod in not reloading, use the EVA kerbal to 'Fix Pod' this will reset it's values to default and it should then operate normally. (until it breaks again). I'm keeping an eye on what could be causing it, but until I narrow that down, this plays well with giving our kerbals something to do!

IMPORTANT: you need to remove all instances of the rocket pods from any craft files, then re-attach new ones. Using old craft files will cause these issues to linger even with the new dll. My suggestion is to build all new crafts so that you are 100% certain all the parts are updated.

The saving loading issue is slowly being conquered, parts are now saved independently, then benefit to this was 1) it was the easiest fix for me to do 2) with the parts being independent of the vessel, it matters not where the parts go or if they change vessels, they will maintain their stats. I have done numerous tests and have noted good results, there are a few isolated errors I'll have to track down but they don't spam and seem to be isolated incidents.

More updates to come.

I also did some other tweaks here and there to address a few minor issues. I updated/changed the 3 included craft files, delete the older ones.

Edited by InfiniteDice

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.