Science! Mobile processing lab "cleaning"

The unit cannot be reused after its results were transmitted, unless it is cleaned by the Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/SC-9001_Science_Jr.

How is this done?

I have a smallish space station I flew towards Minmus (a wonderful piece of engineering, if I do say so) to serve as a science base station for a pair of landers (also currently on scene). Rather than transmitting the collected data, I planned on storing my accumulated science in a single return pod, which, when my research is complete, would be decoupled and flown back to Kerbin.

If that didn't make sense:

-Station - one science lab in low orbit around Minmus.

-Landers (2x) - contain all science parts, fly from surface to station

-Return craft - one pod, holding all science after processed by labs.

My question is this:

My first mission came back, with exposed Goo containers and Material Bays. I "processed" the Material Bays for the boosted science, then moved the science via EVA to the return pod. Now however, my material bay is locked - i.e. right clicking on it does nothing, gives no tooltips, etc. The pod looks exposed. Did I do something wrong? I think I may have done something in the wrong order. Fortunately, I have the second lander which hasn't deployed at all yet.

I did this exact sequence with the thermometers and other parts I have researched, with no problems (then again, I didn't really expect any with those).

Let me know where I goofed. I can provide screenshots if necessary, though I don't think they are.

Edited by MilkToast

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.