What is happening with 64-bit Unity?

Frostiken

Not from what I read - "Unity Technologies, makers of the suite, said Unity 5 will overhaul the game's audio toolset and deliver upgraded lighting and and a physically based shader system. It now is a 64-bit engine with this release, Unity Technologies added." Quoted from http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/18/5521846/unity-5-announced-massive-update-game-development

64 bit and quad core support and maybe we can have 6 more planets, 20 more moons, clouds on all of them, 1000 part space stations that don't animate like flip charts and both B9 and KW installed. :cool:

Or maybe thirty minutes after firing that up I'll be explaining to the fire department just how a red hot GPU resulted in a 4 alarm fire :D

...huh. I was entirely convinced they had said it was an editor-only move to 64bit! I'll be damned (or rather, my PC will :cool:)

It would be an incredibly bad business model, for the developers of KSP, not to move to the 64 bit build as soon as it is possible from a unity "all green" confirmation. All this game lacks to start becoming a very serious contender, would be as discussed.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.