Update Names

Whirligig Girl

Minecraft TF2 updates have names, so here's KSP's update names. Italics are important/major updates to the gameplay.

0.7.3: The Release.

0.8: The Save update.

0.9: The Strut Update.

0.10: The Mac Release.

0.11: The Map Update.

0.12: The Mun Update.

0.13: The Fuel Line Update.

--0.13.3: The Demo Release.

0.14: The Persistence Update.

0.15: The Spaceplane Update.

0.16: The Extravehicular Update.

0.17: The Interplanetary Update.

0.18: The Docking Update.

--0.18.2: The 2012 Christmas Gift.

--0.18.3: The Second Demo Release.

0.19: The Rover Update.

0.20: The Database Update.

0.21: The Space Center Update.

0.22: The Career Mode Update.

0.23: The Tweakable Update.

Edited by GregroxMun

Alt Names:

0.7.3: Release

0.8: Saved

0.9: Structural

0.10: Macintosh

0.11: Orbital

0.12: Lunar

0.13: Fueled

0.14: Persist

0.15: Arial

0.16: Extravehicular

0.17: Planetary

0.18: Probed

0.19: Driven

0.20: Flagged

0.21: Rebuilt

0.22: Progress

0.23: Tweaked

Edited by GregroxMun

Try HAWKEN style patch names. Those are more epic/badass sounding. It actually makes the updates sound impressive.

That would make this one called Rapier (because HAWKEN updates are typically named after one thing in the update, or something representative of the patch as a whole if nothing sounds cool enough).

.19 would be named Driven, and .22 would be Progress.

So that's my 2 cents on naming schemes.

I like the idea of updates having names, but I like the ubuntu style of update (code) names; where the name has very little baring on the content of the update (the current one is Saucy Salamander, one of my favs was Natty Narwhal list of names here). They all follow the pattern of [adjective][animal name], I'm sure we could come up with some daft (and more kerbal) names along those lines (I can't think of any right now cos its late and my brain has stopped responding).

.20 the chair update? Seriously?

.20 should be the GameDatabase update. For many of you guys, that simply means "a new folder to drop my mods in", but actually, GameDatabase means insanely much more than that. .20 introduced this whole new system from loading and saving stuff in config files, and an insane amount of stuff would be absolutely impossible without it. ModuleManager, Deadly Reentry, Modular Fuels, stock science... the list goes on. Not to mention the progress tracking system, which tracks your every action, and every step you make in the game, which is dependant of the GameDatabase system. It's a huge amount of work and coding, and it deserves it's place in the update's "name" without a doubt.

TF2 started the whole "The ____ Update" thing...

Oh wow, such memories just exploded in my head. The Goldrush Update was the first one, added a new game mode, a new map, (pl_Goldrush), the Kritzkreig, medic achievements....and TF2 was never the same again. Ahh, good times.

7 maps in the third update including cp_badlands, by far THE most played competitive map. Hmm, TF2. Loads lurve.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.