[1.2] TweakableEverything 1.16-beta - For all your part tweaking needs

toadicus

New (last?) dev build, this time with TweakableEngineFairings improvements to support parts with multiple shroud modules referencing different attachment nodes. Should fix cipherpunk's report regarding Space-Y adapters. Also now distributing my 0-force decoupler hotfix patch so people can stop reporting the PF interstage issue.

Last call for new bugs; looking to release tomorrow-ish.

[zip] [tar.gz] [tar.xz]

now distributing my 0-force decoupler hotfix patch so people can stop reporting the PF interstage issue.
Ouch. Silly me. Forgot that. I recalled there was something, but thought it was in code, not outside... Please forgive me. Sleep-deprived KSP'ing is no good.

No worries man; that wasn't actually directed at you (or anybody in particular). I'd actually meant to include that in the last release; probably should have used more self-deprecating wishing instead. ;)

I'm having some staging wierdness going on, this time with engines (didn't have this problem before), using the dev build that you posted earlier. Will post pics and description in a min.

Initially I thought that maybe tweakablestaging was being confused by the nonstandard first stage setup as shown in the screenshot, but I did a regular setup (you know, tank/payload/whatever > engine >decoupler > next stage) and it did the same thing. The tank/fairing icon is actually the reactor from Near Future Electrical. Not sure why that is in staging.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Output log: http://sta.sh/0pggfklbxp4

Let me know if you want a cleaner output log or something, too tired to bother doing that right now.

Edited by smjjames

I can confirm that SpaceY multi-shroud adapters are working fine; will test Ven's Revamp engines that have similar feature.

Still Gemini-Agena stack can't be undocked if docked in VAB, despite I've tried to include Agena TV docking port in staging - the game just can't stage it (no exception is thrown). Will upload screenshots and maybe full logs too.

Note that I'm testing on 1.0.2 as I do not want to move to 1.0.4 just yet - waiting for Nertea to post something like "ok now heat system is working fine" tbh ;-)

screenshot23_500.jpgi.gif

screenshot24_500.jpgi.gif

screenshot25_500.jpgi.gif

Note that staging of that port doesn't happen despite I try.

Wait, I need to fiddle with it some more... Maybe one part is defective and I'm kicking a dead pig?... (fiddling)

Edit: yeah, like I thought. The node name was wrong, so I did...

@PART[FASAAgenaDocking] {  // FASA Agena Docking Port
@mass = 0.01 // Agena was _this_ light IRL
@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode] { @referenceAttachNode = top }
}

...and that resolved Agena TV "docked-in-VAB-can't-undock" problem. Now I can "Decouple node" and after a little jerk (it decouples then docks back) I can "Undock". Will try with TE also.

Edited by cipherpunks
add pic

TweakableEverything has been updated to version 1.12! This version brings fixes to several modules, including a rewrite to TweakableStaging to make sure stages are never re-assigned except when you ask them to be.

smjjames, I did fix your bug. cipherpunks, looks like that's probably a report for the FASA devs. :)

CHANGELOG:

v.1.12 [2015-06-27]
* TweakableEngineFairings: No longer tries to run on parts with malformed ModuleJettison definitions, preventing some Exceptional behavior.
* TweakableLadders: No longer appears reversed in the editor.
* TweakableStaging: Big rewrite; no longer alters a part's stage position except following very specific user inputs.
* TweakableDockingNode: Fixed a bug that caused save-rupturing world breakage when two pre-attached docking ports with staging enabled were staged simultaneously.
* TweakableEngineFairings: Now supports parts with multiple (valid) ModuleJettison definitions.
* TweakableDecouplers: Temporarily distributing a patch to prevent zero-force decouplers from existing, to avoid what seems like a rounding error in KSPAPIExtensions.

Edited by toadicus

Yeah great mod,:)

thank you

i didn't see this in the change log and recent posts,

so here is my sugestion for the new stock radiators:

• heat radiator Panel Deployment Toggle
  • heat radiator Panel Sun Tracking Toggle

maybe it works like the deployable solar panels, with a similar mechanic:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDeployableRadiator
animationName = Deploy
retractable = true
pivotName = Pivot
raycastTransformName = Panel_006
windResistance = 5
trackingSpeed = 0.1
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleActiveRadiator
maxEnergyTransfer = 2500
}

Edited by Skalou
polishing ;)

Unfortunately I have to report that latest release (and latest pre-release dev build in fact) seems incompatible with ProceduralParts.

On "clean" KSP 1.0.2 install, PP tank switchers are drawing blanks in menu:

screenshot26_500.jpgi.gif

Note that this occurs even when I delete all the MM .cfg, and leave only .dll's.

Shame on me for not reporting it earlier.

KSP logs

Just need to re-check on freshly extracted KSP 1.0.2 distro, to exclude possible local file corruption case...

The version dated 2015-06-26 07:10 (that is, pre-previous, a.k.a dev-1, 2nd dev version back) works good w.r.t that.

Edited by cipherpunks
add logs

@cipherpunks - I see the exact same menu issue when trying to adjust the altimeter from smart parts. I also have PP installed.

It seemed that once this happened, it kind of contaminated the save. It was late so I didn't pursue it last night. I'm going to setup a clean environment and knock out some test cases with just PP and this mod.

Running KSP 1.04, Linux 64 and a b****load of mods.

EDIT 1: PP has a new version, 1.1.5. Restarting my testplan. :rolleyes:

EDIT 2: Updated PP and TE to current versions, but the problem is still there.

Question, Can you just drop the latest KSAPIExtensions DLL into any mod/folder that contains an older version of it?

Edited by Padrone
Now I've got a question

Unfortunately I have to report that latest release (and latest pre-release dev build in fact) seems incompatible with ProceduralParts.

On "clean" KSP 1.0.2 install, PP tank switchers are drawing blanks in menu:

http://i.piccy.info/i9/03705bd8ee2ee4d4b4768ea2b285f16f/1435472873/26113/917625/screenshot26_500.jpghttp://i.piccy.info/a3/2015-06-28-06-27/i9-8406611/500x313-r/i.gif

Note that this occurs even when I delete all the MM .cfg, and leave only .dll's.

Shame on me for not reporting it earlier.

KSP logs

Just need to re-check on freshly extracted KSP 1.0.2 distro, to exclude possible local file corruption case...

The version dated 2015-06-26 07:10 (that is, pre-previous, a.k.a dev-1, 2nd dev version back) works good w.r.t that.

From the log it appears that your Procedural Parts might be out of date, as well as KSPAPIExtensions. It's PP version 1.1.3, and in PP 1.1.4 it's internal copy of KSPAPIExtensions was updated. I've seen version issues related to KSPAPIExtensions cause those parts of the action-menu vanish in previous versions of PP, so maybe that's it.

Question, Can you just drop the latest KSAPIExtensions DLL into any mod/folder that contains an older version of it?

In a previous incident, in another thread, I was told this should never be necessary and to always use the version of KSPAPIExtensions.dll that is bundled inside a mod, and to only update the dll that is at /Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KSPAPIExtensions.dll. But with that being said, disregarding that advice has fixed a problem for me one time in the past (in my case an old KSPAPIExtensions.dll inside another mod was breaking stuff). The other time I attempted this, I actually froze KSP on the startup screen.

So I'd advise against it unless you're out of options. You shouldn't necessarily expect the trick to work.

@Entropius - Thanks, I'll live with it. Most of the issue now for me is with those Smart Parts. Which I can live without. I am mainly using them on unmanned craft to ensure I don't forget to activate the antenna.

Skalou, thanks, I'll take a look. :) I'm betting they reused the deployable solar panel code almost 100%... I bet I can reuse my tweakablesolarpanels code almost 100% as well. ;)

LostOblivion, thanks also! I'll look at those and see whose should live or die. Toggles are usually easy to let Squad keep, but they often do sliders a bit differently (e.g. only 0-100% instead of allowing some "over power" as we typically do).

cipherpunks, Padrone, and Entropius, that sounds like (and looks like, from the log provided) a KSPAPIExtensions issue at worst, and a packaging issue on SmartParts' and ProceduralParts' parts at best. I'm going to leave it alone; if it continues after those authors have repackaged with KSPAPIExtension 1.7.5 and you can isolate TE as the problem, let me know.

EDIT: And thanks, GaugeForever! I'm glad you like it. :)

From the log it appears that your Procedural Parts might be out of date
I can't see how that can be the case. I'm using 1.1.3 - to my understanding that's the latest for 1.0.2 KSP (still hesitant to migrate to 1.0.4). Unless You know the better source than its github...

I'll check KSPAPIExtensions it was shipped with (if any), though. Note that problem occurs on clean 1.0.2 install with just the TE and PP. Installing previous dev version from this thread (not the latest dev version!) of TE solves this.

To repeat, PP problem was introduced in last dev version prior to release of TE.

Edit: despite PP 1.1.6 cries that it is incompatible with KSP 1.0.2, parts themselves seem to work. Will test with that (it has KSPAPIExtensions 1.7.5 AFAIK)

Edited by cipherpunks
add link

cipherpunks, literally the only difference between KSPAPIExtensions 1.7.4 and 1.7.5 is that it no longer checks the revision number in KSP versions (so 1.0.2 == 1.0.4 as far as the version checker goes). If you install 1.7.5 over the version shipped by PP I'm guessing you'll be fine. Best of luck!

EDIT: As an aside; I'm not encouraging people to disregard mod authors' advice about how their libraries should be handled. But, most advice is dispensed under the assumption that at any given time, users will be using (or should be using) the most up-to-date version of all packages involved. Since cipherpunks is intentionally not doing that, he's leaving the mostly-supported world of up-to-date mod interactions behind and creating possibilities for gaps in packaging -- especially with election-based multiple-distribution libraries like KSPAPIExtensions (though theoretically it should work; something must be up with its elector). The cost of operating legacy software is often finding workarounds and "sweet spot" combinations that produce the desired result... with the understanding that you basically can't ask for support when you do so. :)

Edited by toadicus

I checked with latest PP, latest TE and latest KSPAPIExtensions.dll but on KSP 1.0.2 - still the problem exists; reverting back to that dev build for the time being.

As a side note, I grok that MM is 2.6.6 now ;-)

Add: yeah, latest PP, despite it complaints that it won't work for 1.0.2, actually works just fine.

Can anyone confirm the "blank spots" report with the latest TE, the latest ProceduralParts and/or SmartParts, and KSP 1.0.4? If not, I'm going to continue leaving it alone.

MM 2.6.6 will be in the next TE build; it released after we did. ;)

Managed to get it to work!

Did a search for all KSPAPIExtensions.dll and started to disable/enable them one by one, and then by two etc. Found working combination. Now still a couple of KSPAPIExtensions.dll of versions 1.7.4 and 1.7.5 are present, but so far so good - everything seems to be working... Go figure.

Can anyone confirm the "blank spots" report with the latest TE, the latest ProceduralParts and/or SmartParts, and KSP 1.0.4? If not, I'm going to continue leaving it alone.

MM 2.6.6 will be in the next TE build; it released after we did. ;)

I was having the issue blank spots last night. Today I dropped in the latest IR update. (That was the only change) My Smart Part Altimeter that had the blanks? Well, it looks perfect now. Then I noticed that my Procedural Parts fuel tank had the blank spots. There is the title bar, then what appears to be two blank lines, and it picks up with the "Cost Dry/Wet" line. It may or may not have had that last night, I was only looking at the Smart Parts issue.

My IR parts have a blank where the size adjustment should be.

KSPAPIExtensions in my environment: Tweakable Everything, Infernal Robotics, Modular Fuel Tanks, Procedural Parts, Smart Parts, Tweakscale, Near Future Propulsion, Civilian Population. Now all running the production releases as of this post.

KSP 1.04 under Linux

Edited by Padrone
Too happy, too soon

Padrone (et al), I'm still pretty sure this is an issue with KSPAPIExtensions 1.7.4 not playing nicely with 1.7.5. There is literally nothing I'm doing that affects procedural parts' fuel tanks; if a PP fuel tank is the only thing on your screen none of my code is even running. In the one log I've seen on this issue the only item of any note at all was KSPAPIExtensions complaining about itself.

Can you run this command (or something like it) from your KSP root directory?

find GameData/ -follow -iname "KSPAPI*.dll" | while read lib; do echo $lib; monodis --assembly $lib | grep Version; done

If there are any instances of 1.7.4, try removing them (or replacing them with 1.7.5 if you want to be more cautious) and running the game again. If the problem still happens with for sure definitely absolutely no 1.7.4 libraries present, get me a log (~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log) and I'll give it a read and see if I can at least point you in the right direction.

As a note, that command will only work if you have mono installed.

EDIT:

After a quick CKAN update and running that script through my actual "play" folder, I see that NearFuturePropulsion is still packaging 1.7.4. I'm betting it's not the only one.

Edited by toadicus

I found that Smart Parts and NF Propulsion still had the older version of KSPAPIExensions. I renamed both of them to .OLDERDLL, and then copied the newest version of the DLL to each directory.

Confirmation that no older version was running was found when during the startup, no message about KSPAPIExension being out of date were seen.

I can't see any 'blank spots' in PP, Smart Parts or IR menus! All the menus seemed to be functional. I was able to change items in all three menus.

Excellent sleuthing, Toadicus.

Padrone (et al), I'm still pretty sure this is an issue with KSPAPIExtensions 1.7.4 not playing nicely with 1.7.5. There is literally nothing I'm doing that affects procedural parts' fuel tanks; if a PP fuel tank is the only thing on your screen none of my code is even running. In the one log I've seen on this issue the only item of any note at all was KSPAPIExtensions complaining about itself.

Can you run this command (or something like it) from your KSP root directory?

find GameData/ -follow -iname "KSPAPI*.dll" | while read lib; do echo $lib; monodis --assembly $lib | grep Version; done

If there are any instances of 1.7.4, try removing them (or replacing them with 1.7.5 if you want to be more cautious) and running the game again. If the problem still happens with for sure definitely absolutely no 1.7.4 libraries present, get me a log (~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log) and I'll give it a read and see if I can at least point you in the right direction.

As a note, that command will only work if you have mono installed.

EDIT:

After a quick CKAN update and running that script through my actual "play" folder, I see that NearFuturePropulsion is still packaging 1.7.4. I'm betting it's not the only one.

This released functionality that I didn't even know was there! I always wondered about KSPAPIExtentions having so many versions packed into different mods.