Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

I dunno. That rocket looks so plain. Yanfret, you've done a great job texturing and realising it in KSP. But the rocket design from ULA itself is so eh.

Yeah, I feel you bro. We're at the crossroads of realism vs excitement. You could say much the same about Falcon 9 but it's probably the best system around.

Perhaps it's nicer with GEMs ?

LDoSK3.jpg

Don't get me wrong! I love realism. Stockalike has its place, but realism for me is more important. I'm just saying that ULA's new rocket design is very dull compared to some of the more interesting ones out there (think Ariane 4 or Proton)

I like the realistic look. There are TONS of stock-alike nonsense packs out there. Personally I think stock is terrible and I like seeing more realistic packs like these.

I agree and I also disagree. It does look too plain and real rockets tend to be more boring looking than people imagine. However real rockets have little bits aka greebles. So I would say if you can add greebles that make it look less plain. Look at the Atlas V its boring but a the same time its interesting.

Atlas_V_AV-021_first_stage_erection.jpg

I agree and I also disagree. It does look too plain and real rockets tend to be more boring looking than people imagine. However real rockets have little bits aka greebles. So I would say if you can add greebles that make it look less plain. Look at the Atlas V its boring but a the same time its interesting.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/Atlas_V_AV-021_first_stage_erection.jpg

I agree. And that is a fine image!

I'l take it back into the workshop and split that core tank up into a few more pieces.

In the future, the Bobcat sourced Orion model will be replaced with a bespoke model produced by NOS Technologies, LLC. It's not ready yet, because we are committed to it being perfect in every way. When that system is ready, legacy issues such as that (and many others) will not exist. In the mean time, we ask that you help out by using SAS to keep Orion stable :D

Any news for the new Orion and SLS? :)

I got some strange problems with the IVA Computer Displays...but look for yourself

iva.jpg

Anyone else with the problem...and a solution to this maybe? I'm already using the RPM 0.19 dev build and in the Stock Capsules they are just working fine :wink:

I got some strange problems with the IVA Computer Displays...but look for yourself

http://picload.org/image/irgiaoi/iva.jpg

Anyone else with the problem...and a solution to this maybe? I'm already using the RPM 0.19 dev build and in the Stock Capsules they are just working fine :wink:

You need to delete the ATM config or modify it to exclude the RPM monitors or delete the config

The newer versions of ATM are exclusion based instead of inclusion based, so you need to make a config to tell it not to touch RPM display stuff, some of which will be in the rpm folder, other stuff will be in the folder specifically for the ALCORE.

Using modified KW Rocketry and Aerojet Kerbodyne parts we can get pretty close to a CH4 / O2 system with the dimensions that ULA will probably be presenting.

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/1281/HHrYtq.jpg

Of course external fuel lines are not depicted here and we don't have any info on what the engine mount would look like, so it's just a guess really. Also to really launch Orion even to LEO it should probably have at least four GEM solids.

Nice BE-4 engines. Looking good!

Edited by GusTurbo

Any news for the new Orion and SLS? :)

Our prime contractor for Orion, NoOneSpecial Technologies, LTD, had been sparing no expense to perfect Orion and SLS and we are working shoulder to shoulder with the technicians there to make sure it is safe and amazing. Rest assured those systems are in good hands and you will have multiple points of access to the parts when they are ready :)

Edited by YANFRET

Advanced Monkey Launch Vehicle SRB experimentation:

dNjUZD.jpg

5IRVjv.jpg

ftt8U2.jpg

A diagonal pair light on liftoff and then the other diagonal pair air start.

Alex is one of the coolest developers for KSP. There's a good reason his logo is on several Chaka parts. He's been super helpful in the past and he even made the bespoke enlarged ALCOR IVA just for us. It's great to have him back in action!

Tank Option II:

Split into three segments to provide interstage detailing. * normals subject to cahnge *

CdAeHj.jpg

Edited by YANFRET

Alright! Im liking the new rocket a lot more now, those diagonal pairs look good! Glad to see Alex is back too, I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve, Yanfret + the rest of the Chaka Monkey contributors

cool mod, can someone help me when i take screenshots this happens

q1YGKLt.png

so i'm having to use sipping tool to take screenshots e.g

YkEPAZJ.png

yes, i used snipping tool to get that kerbin rise. i know it's said

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.