1st Kerbal Space Photography Contest

Whether you're an amateur or a professional photographer by trade, or simply a KSP enthusiast, the wonders of space can't certainly be denied. And you will now capture it on film -errr - screenshot. This competition aims to showcase how skilled you guys are at composing pictures, and your ability to evoke emotions in your respective screenshots though of course its primary goal is to showcase the beauty of the KSP universe.

THEME: "Beyond peril awaits true discovery"

RULES:

1. Submitted photos should revolve around the theme specified.
  2. Photos should be hi-res and can be captured by other screenshot programs if you think it'll help.(e.g. Fraps, DXtory,etc).
  3. Photos CANNOT be modified by any image-editing software (e.g. Photoshop, Gimp, Lightroom).
  4. One photo per post only. If you have multiple entries, post them in separate posts.
  5. Every entry submitted should have a title.
  6. You can include a small explanation about your photo in your post.
  7. Winners will be chosen before Feb. 1, 2014 and will receive a ribbon that I would design (hopefully it'll be nice enough for you).
  8. Users must specify whether picture was captured in STOCK or Universe Replacer Modded KSP.

*if you think there should be a few change in the rules, please let me know* :)

Get posting and Good Luck!

Edited by mangekyou-sama

Here is my entry. It is of Jeb fixing an ION powered probe 3km above Pol. (Everything hits a mountain afterwards...) Title: Eminent Death by Discovery. Uses mod parts but skybox and textures are stock.

5FEu3J9.png

Edited by SaplingPick

Title: Kerbin Kovers the sun

Bill looks longingly toward home after landing on the Mun, documenting the solar eclipse by Kerbin for all Kerbality!

31BAA270568A29E11A68C84065C2DB1144B45AFF

Universe has been replaced...OMG, bring it back you hooligan!

Edited by Monkeh

4DAFDD114FE42F3BB76AAD913C49D8A56C90FD9B

The Valiant II probe, Kerbalkind's first interplanetary mission.

Tell me if that image is too dark and I'll upload a different one, but it's one of my favourite ones that at least vaguely fits the theme :)

*Edit* This was taken using Texture Replacer, for the skybox. Other than that the only mod I've used there is KW Rocketry

Edited by Panzerbeard

Title: Going nowhere fast

The return to orbit vehicle may have fallen over, but damn, we look sexy in our shiny suits!

CFE64C35B57C713937068B8E2F4A277BF1020727

This universe is not stock, it has been replaced with one which is even more confusing.

Edited by Monkeh

I think this is appropriate. My first entry is Jeb being the first kebal on Eeloo, in career mode. Might retake the picture with better settings:

EW3dWNi.png

Four weeks until the launch window to go back.

Stock

Also, can universe replacer get a seperate leader board since that is sort-of an image editor?

Edited by Mr.Rocket

I took a picture with higher graphics settings, but it's a little different. I'm putting it in a different post just in case the other one is thought as better:

iZ7tD4r.png

Stock

Another request for the rules: I think we should be able to post multiple pictures, but they all have to be in the same post. This would reserve lots of space, and it makes no sense having people post 10 pictures on 10 different posts. Maybe you could put in a post limit of 5 or 10 ish?

Edited by Mr.Rocket

I think I have a slight problem here...

xXVOTWV.png

I managed to get this probe to the bottom of the mohole, but I lost both my solar panels, as well as the only battery I had onboard in the process. This is aside from the more obvious problem of it being upside-down.

Title: Flying Miracle

awhu3Op.png

This is the CTP-1 Bulldog A, This is one of the best planes i have and a miracle of flight because its hard to take off whit it but handles pretty well, you will end crashing those engines if youre not steady at landings.

Edited by Zaryulenko

Okay...

So here's my entry. Alone, face to face with a nuclear monster.

Title: Photosphere

kerbol_LW.png

I don't remember who was this guy, but he got closer than 5 km of Kerbol. It was one of the earlier versions and I think I've never saved him. Pure stock KSP.

Edited by lajoswinkler

I just took this one for this challenge. I might see if I have anything else, but a lot of my pictures were lost when I got an OS upgrade (grr).

wdXrja5.png

(Note: The "warmer" light is because I have Alternis Kerbol installed on the particular installation I took this on. I just had it open already so I used that install. :P)

THEME: "Beyond peril awaits true discovery"

Title: Kerbin. The most mystery planet.

Description: Well, Kerbin. We been told that they are full of green little creature that love to blasting around.

100% stock. No photo edit.

8nuX55P.jpg

RULES:

1) Submitted photos should revolve around the theme specified. - checked

2) Photos should be hi-res and can be captured by other screenshot programs if you think it'll help.(e.g. Fraps, DXtory,etc). - checked

3) Photos CANNOT be modified by any image-editing software (e.g. Photoshop, Gimp, Lightroom). - checked

4) One photo per post only. If you have multiple entries, post them in separate posts. - checked

5) Every entry submitted should have a title. - checked

6) You can include a small explanation about your photo in your post. - checked.

7) Winners will be chosen before Feb. 1, 2014 and will receive a ribbon that I would design (hopefully it'll be nice enough for you). - checked

8) Users must specify whether picture was captured in STOCK or Universe Replacer Modded KSP. checked

Edited by Sirine

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.