Ship Name Randomizer

I imagine an icon of die next to the "untitled rocket."

It generates random names in kind of a X Y Z format: An example, USS Icarus (Random Numeral perhaps)

I think it would be a fun little way of poking at television shows and literature, and it would help with all of the Untitled Ships littering most peoples' map screen.

I feel that the concept of creating Your ship is the cornerstone of KSP. If you can't think up a name then you should just google a randomizer many exist already. An in game randomizer would hinder the creative process at worst and be an extra memory stealing button at best.

It really isn't going to be resource-intensive to have a name-randomizer... I think. It doesn't strike me as something that's going to do anything much. A simple algorithm and a bunch of preconfigured name fragments to put together...

A ship without a name is still a ship, for a name does not a ship make. Also, no-one would be forcing you to use it. So how exactly is it, creating difficulties for or delaying,

"the creative process"?
You should have been issued a full set of keyboard actuators

I imagine a whole keyboard would get me a lot further.

Half-cocked reasoning aside, it is merely a small suggestion for those who lack creative ingenuousness that is on par with The LORDPrometheus.

EDIT

Missed this:

KSS Billy-Boblantis
This is exactly what I am talking about. I understand that the omnipotent copy right laws could be a potential concern, but presumably not outright adding things like "USS Enterprise" would be the best way around that. Edited by VenganzaD

Naw, you'd do it with very similar principles to the Kerbals' name generator, only with a different bunch of name fragments to use. No copyright broken (at least, I think) if you use two halves of a copyrighted name in your RNG, and there's a one in five thousand chance it might spit out the original name... but if there are issues with copyright, you could simply add a list of forbidden combinations, which would remain fairly small, I think.

A ship without a name is still a ship, for a name does not a ship make. Also, no-one would be forcing you to use it. So how exactly is it, creating difficulties for or delaying,

I imagine a whole keyboard would get me a lot further.

Half-cocked reasoning aside, it is merely a small suggestion for those who lack creative ingenuousness that is on par with The LORDPrometheus.

EDIT

Missed this:

This is exactly what I am talking about. I understand that the omnipotent copy right laws could be a potential concern, but presumably not outright adding things like "USS Enterprise" would be the best way around that.

Two things he meant hands and LORDPrometheus is an inside joke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.