laythe landing...

... with only SRBs!

rules;

only srbs for thrust (duh)

rcs is allowed, as well as reaction wheels

no parachutes (not sure if laythe has an atmosphere)

no winglets

no docking (for monopropellant)

must use a manned cockpit, with jeb

thats pretty much it

This thing isn't going to last much.

Yes, laythe has a thick oxygen atmosphere, and, did you know I can land on Laythe using RCS only? Heck, I could even drop a pod covered with these Modular_girder_segment.jpg from orbit and let it land on ground. I bet it would survive.

There's no scoring system, you didn't attempt to complete the challenge... :huh:

1/10.

... with only SRBs!

rules;

only srbs for thrust (duh)

rcs is allowed, as well as reaction wheels

no parachutes (not sure if laythe has an atmosphere)

no winglets

no docking (for monopropellant)

must use a manned cockpit, with jeb

thats pretty much it

.... come on man

You have never been to Laythe - if you had you would know whether or not it had an atmosphere. Since you have never been there, I can;t see how you are the best person to come up with an interesting, fun and challenging way of landing there. However if you are looking for a considered (and play tested) laythe challenge, then there is always this.

chaoko99, I know you mean well, but challenges need some more thought than this to work.

The challenge submission guidelines are there to help players come up with challenges that are fun and explained well, so other players know what they have to do.

Also, challenges need some way to win them, even if it's just to beat other players times.

I suggest you give the guide a read and have a go at your own challenges, and think how the rules of a challenge can be misconstrued, misinterpreted or just plain misunderstood :)

Closing this one.