[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

I have some questions.

- What is the docking thing for and what can you do when you have docked or whatever it\'s for?

- What\'s the my first science kit?

- What is the service module?

I have some questions.

- What is the docking thing for and what can you do when you have docked or whatever it\'s for?

- What\'s the my first science kit?

- What is the service module?

The docking thing is purely cosmetic for now. The science kit is just so you can have a payload to carry, it\'s also just cosmetic currently. The service module is intended to be able to store different amounts of fuel, RCS fuel, supplies for the crew, et.c. It\'s currently just an RCS tank.

I haven\'t been very active on the forums lately ever, so I have no idea what is happening a lot of the time. What parts and packs are you working on or planning to work on currently Nova? Curious because whenever a new one comes out, it\'s always a game changer for me.

Nova,

One thing I noticed and finally figured out why my rockets kept doing wierd things when using the Probowhatever pack parts. Your SAS on them is still the 'old style'. Is there any chance to redo them to 'killrot' like the Silisko Edition SAS so that I can have SAS on during launch and still control? I like using JordanCox\'s Intrepid and it relies heavily on SAS being used so having it off causes all sorts of problems.

I get sidetracked too much, started modeling a large docking port for cargo:

oRJxN.png

Nova,

One thing I noticed and finally figured out why my rockets kept doing wierd things when using the Probowhatever pack parts. Your SAS on them is still the 'old style'. Is there any chance to redo them to 'killrot' like the Silisko Edition SAS so that I can have SAS on during launch and still control? I like using JordanCox\'s Intrepid and it relies heavily on SAS being used so having it off causes all sorts of problems.

Ah, thanks for reminding me. I knew there was something I forgot.

Is there some kind of reverse Quad-Coupler?

My moonar lander has four engines and I want to connect them to the next 'stage' but they\'re like individual selections and I can\'t group them all together. I want one big rocket in the direct center under the four engines not to the sides if you know what I mean? Is there any tool that I missed or something?

How are these packs supposed to be used? I\'m a tad confused.

Are they all independent of each other?

Or should they be used together?

Do they go with the stock parts, or separate?

How are these packs supposed to be used? I\'m a tad confused.

Are they all independent of each other?

Or should they be used together?

Do they go with the stock parts, or separate?

However you want! Silisko has just made separate packs as each generally has a different use.

Huh... I guess that makes sense...

But it would be cooler to have a massive, all-inclusive pack.

I mostly asked because I didn\'t know the appropriate propulsion system to get Probodyne parts into orbit...

Huh... I guess that makes sense...

But it would be cooler to have a massive, all-inclusive pack.

But it would have added a lot of parts that a people may or may not want. By dividing the packages along functionality lines it allows people to select what they want. Not everyone is a huge fan of Silisko Edition. Not everyone wants BACE. Not everyone wants Probowhatever (yes I\'m going to keep using that name forever), so by keeping them separate it allows that choice.

I mostly asked because I didn\'t know the appropriate propulsion system to get Probodyne parts into orbit...

Depends on what you\'re doing. If you\'re just looking to put a satellite into orbit and you have the Silisko Edition parts, you can do so pretty easily with 2 of the long 1m tanks attached to a LFE, a couple of boosters strapped onto the side, and the Probowhatever orbit engine attached to the satellite.

I worry that scales may be different. Like some thing that should have 2 mass in one pack is equivalent to something with 5 mass in another. Mis-matching packs may lead to unnecessarily large rockets or very small ones.

I like a degree of challenge.

Edit: How is one supposed to use these fairing things? Currently, I have them encasing a probodyne core, but they do not separate. The larger one is a panel, the smaller is a decoupler, gotcha...

Is there some kind of reverse Quad-Coupler?

Not that I\'m aware of, but I can tell you it wouldn\'t work anyway because of how things are put together. If you find someone willing and able to flip the quad coupler though, you could attach it to one engine and strut the rest together though.