[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

I have one thing that\'s been bothering me. The Aeroshell is a command pod - why? Most Aeroshells are jettisoned after reentry and the main probe then lands separately. Is there any chance of changing the Aeroshell to a part instead?

Otherwise, it\'s been really fun trying to make a lunar probe and rocket, especially using the ascent autopilot module that gets discarded once in orbit and the MechaJeb radial mount on the probe. I\'ve got 2 designs I\'m working on getting to land - one using the BACE Cargo lander, one using just the probe. Neither have survived yet. I keep figuring out how to inject them into a direct-impact course for the Mun instead of an orbit-entry. It\'s a timing deal on my end, but I\'ll get it eventually and take pictures. I\'ve at least got a couple of satellites in orbit of Kerbin and one in orbit of the Mun successfully all using your probes, so I\'m really happy.

Thanks man.

All this talk about probes, has anyone toyed with the idea of a star wars esqe probe? More specifically the type that slams into the surface instead of dealing with parachutes and engines? Would make for some interesting fire and forget landings.

I have one thing that\'s been bothering me. The Aeroshell is a command pod - why? Most Aeroshells are jettisoned after reentry and the main probe then lands separately. Is there any chance of changing the Aeroshell to a part instead?

Otherwise, it\'s been really fun trying to make a lunar probe and rocket, especially using the ascent autopilot module that gets discarded once in orbit and the MechaJeb radial mount on the probe. I\'ve got 2 designs I\'m working on getting to land - one using the BACE Cargo lander, one using just the probe. Neither have survived yet. I keep figuring out how to inject them into a direct-impact course for the Mun instead of an orbit-entry. It\'s a timing deal on my end, but I\'ll get it eventually and take pictures. I\'ve at least got a couple of satellites in orbit of Kerbin and one in orbit of the Mun successfully all using your probes, so I\'m really happy.

Thanks man.

I would like to try to make the aeroshell a part that you can attach to your main ship, but jettison and control as a separate vessel.

Regarding the aesthetics of RCS blocks, I also think the new ones in SE2 are a bit... well, ugly, to be honest. Especially after you made a big point some time ago about how the stock RCS blocks were rounded and you wanted properly blocky ones like they had on Apollo.

What I\'d really love to see is RCS that has the nozzles flush with the surface of the spacecraft, like so. Basically an upside down bucket with holes in the sides, to be mounted at the top of the crew capsule to make it look lika a Mercury or Gemini capsule.

Regarding the aesthetics of RCS blocks, I also think the new ones in SE2 are a bit... well, ugly, to be honest. Especially after you made a big point some time ago about how the stock RCS blocks were rounded and you wanted properly blocky ones like they had on Apollo.

What I\'d really love to see is RCS that has the nozzles flush with the surface of the spacecraft, like so. Basically an upside down bucket with holes in the sides, to be mounted at the top of the crew capsule to make it look lika a Mercury or Gemini capsule.

Good idea. I\'ll do that after the camera mast. Also, yeah, I need to sharpen the sides of the RCS blocks.

Being a fan of the original Silisko edition (which was the only mod I downloaded pre .14) I had to get the new one as well. I totally like the looks of the new parts, really high quality stuff there. Due to the fact that it\'s still missing 2 m parts I have to postpone my munar missions though until those are released. When it comes to rockets, I prefer a less subtle approach. Large Bertha and all.

Explorer I. A Long-duration spacecraft.

I can\'t wait for new bits. :)

Being a fan of the original Silisko edition (which was the only mod I downloaded pre .14) I had to get the new one as well. I totally like the looks of the new parts, really high quality stuff there. Due to the fact that it\'s still missing 2 m parts I have to postpone my munar missions though until those are released. When it comes to rockets, I prefer a less subtle approach. Large Bertha and all.

You don\'t need 2m parts to go to the Mun.

I get by with a 1m fuel tank stack and four SRBs.

And my craft includes a service module and a two stage lander.

Guest Flixxbeatz

Please put those in spoiler tags, flixx.

As you wish

[me=Flixxbeatz]performs a forbidden black magic and the pictures started putting themselves in spoilers[/me]