Fastest Plane under 1.000m. [WE HAVE REACHED MACH 5!, Tidus Klein at 1,714 m/s]

m1sz

Quite honestly, the only challenge for me is the ******** builder and the vanilla parts. The thing needs almost no wings, but without wings i dont have any parts to attack the engines to. Yeah sure, build one completely out of structs... because of the extreme overweight of the engines you need lots of parts behind the engines... HOW ? ofc, build a tail out of 20 structs... the "tail" part of the aerodynamics section would be perfect, size, shape and lenght. However its weight of 400 kg is pure nonsense. I can build the same mountpoint only with structs and they weigh NOTHING. Its complete BS and pisses me off every challenge.

In addition, flying a vanilla plane without FAR and with keyboard is... So i stick to the theoretical department until they truly fix all the issues... which will be in a year or so

Edit:

365 m/s with approx 1.5 t per engine is the topspeed of my best craft yet, but the route it should fly is almost impossible to achieve with keyboard + vanilla (and again, i dont want to use FAR)

Edited by NikkyD

doesn't explain why your maximum altitude was over 3K. in your screenshot at 989m your plane is descending at a rate of ~10 m/s. Not that I don't believe your entry, just pointing out the gaps.

I went to 3000 after these to land. I was going down because I went slightly above 1000 because it is difficult to control when you're shaking so hard from going fast in dense air.

I went to 3000 after these to land. I was going down because I went slightly above 1000 because it is difficult to control when you're shaking so hard from going fast in dense air.

i know what you mean hence why i tweaked a mechjeb to fly it for me as i found it imposable to control over 500M/s and yours douse look liget

and m1sz 645.2M/s is a nice speed

Hey, inspired by this challenge i tried to build something everybody can fly in low atmosphere and still is cool and fast. I named it LUFTMEISTER Eins (AIRMASTER one, in english).

I made some Test flights and recorded a little bit, having so much fun still dont know how fast it really can go if you just try hard. I did 605 m/s under 1000 m, a little above 1000 m it got some faster. I hope you enjoy the video and also the craft.

I used B9 and FAR and did all flying without RCS, S.A.S. or some other mods to help and im not the best pilot.

LUFTMEISTER Eins

I didn't land. So maybe someone wants to give it a try. If you like the video or not, feel free to comment :)

Feel free to download the craft file and to do whatever you want. If you reuse it for posts or vids it would be cool if you can use the original name LUFTMEISTER.

LUFTMEISTER-Eins.craft

How did you manged to put enough fuel in that craft to fly for so long

It uses one Mk 1 2 m Fuel Tank (380LF). And it shows me 0.5 fuel consumption during full speed under 1000m, so i think its enough to visit all the places on Kerbin, or what do you mean?. My goal was more to build something everybody can use and modify. There is enogh fuel, air and space for more engines or other gimmicks. I will soon record a video for the leaderboard :)