OOVAV - Because the EVA pack is overrated!

PS0AnrX.jpg

Introducing the Out Of Vessel Activities Vehicle, the coolest thing since nuclear warfa-I mean, sliced bread!

fisbesh.jpg

Featuring new "angelic wings of heavenly goodness" solar panel technology!

It has a large reserve of monopropellant, for that jetpacky goodness, as well as a docking port for refuelling and storage.

The bottom area has landing legs for missions on far off worlds where landing is required, as well as the "Hack Gravity" advanced Kerbin simulation!

For emergency purposes, the OOVAV is equipped with a parachute. It is not a "cool cape", Jeb.

The OOVAV is light and small enough to be mounted on almost any lift vehicle and interplanetary spacecraft.

RkCvGjr.jpg

Here's brave kermrade Jebedivan, field testing an early version!

3zJ25gR.jpg

Post your opinions, please.

Edited by OneRedBlock
I really wanna help somebody

Great job with this one!

SSI is requesting anyone who has an MMU to submit it to our SSI thread in Rocket Builders forum. We want to start cataloging these and offering them with other auxiliary craft.

I have about 3, 7 counting all the ones that don't use command chairs. Unfortunately, those are proprietary.

i have a smaller teapot like one...

http://i.imgur.com/hR3ZuD5.png

Mine is pretty much the same parts, only packaged in a different way. You can short of see it here (the probe with the solar panel would make the "floor", and the seat and the RCS tanks are attached to it.):

rLNYnM0.png

MMUs have become useful now thanks to limited EVA fuel.

Not only that, they also allow you to assemble stuff together using modules without RCS subsystems, cutting on redundant parts and helping keeping stations both low on the part count and balanced in RCS placement. I use them heavily in my game, and might add parachutes to use it as an emergency escape vehicle. It's not like nobody though of it before, right?

Rune. I rarely use them manned, though. ^^'

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.