Iron Sky

RedDwarfIV

Meteor Blitzkreig!

The movie will be interesting, though it will have a fair share of technical errors.

The nazis were supposedly working on a saucer-shaped anti-gravity vehicle, but I doubt they ever intended to put it to use as a space drive. Nor is there any real proof that antigravity is a force.

They didn\'t read http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4293 if you want to know what really advanced stuff they were working on.

That\'s still a bit biased though-it mixes the completed designs with ridiculous napkinwaffe like the Lippisch P13, and massively overhypes the nazi nuclear program-they didn\'t actually think that a bomb was even possible, thanks to Heisenberg mucking up his calculations, so a nazi bomb was hardly \'close to reality\'.

They didn\'t read http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4293 if you want to know what really advanced stuff they were working on.

I live in Germany and wonder if that movie is really going to be aired here.

Its illegal to put swastikas on things in Germany.

Also, they probably wanted to use it for flying planes around.

they didn\'t actually think that a bomb was even possible

They did have a heavy water manufacturing facility.

It looks like a good movie, apart from its a comedy. Would have been a better scifi film if you ask me.

If someone tried to make a serious Sci-Fi film out of this premise, it would be so completely crazy as to be a de-facto comedy.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

If someone tried to make a serious Sci-Fi film out of this premise, it would be so completely crazy as to be a de-facto comedy.

I wouldn\'t say that. The premise is crazy, but there have been more crazy premises to come from hollywood that have made success.

Ironically the concept of flying fireballs did appear in pre-war science fiction magazines - I am actually reading all those vintage Astounding Stories of Super Science magazines which by modern standards is actually of higher writing quality and more engaging than many of the writers of today.

So now we know that the Nazis were so desperate to turn the tides that they resort to putting DC Comics concepts to the drawing board... then making them. Sadly focusing on the one-off and experimental is not the way to win a world war.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

For planes go to http://www.luft46.com/. I love that website. I will put some pics in a spoiler below.

jg179-6.jpg

ghtrb-1.jpg

ghtrb-3.jpg

mrvto-2.jpg

mr132-1.jpg

mr283-1.jpg

ksh18-3.jpg

kswsf-1.jpg

ro141-6.jpg

gm107-1.jpg

gmvto-3.jpg

gm262-2.jpg

jhsang-6.jpg

jha9-2.jpg

ao215-3.jpg

Top to bottem plane list

Heinkel HE P.1079B/II Heavy Fighter

Focke Wulf Triebflugel (two pictures)

Focke Wulf VTOL Project

Junkers EF132

Focke Wulf TA 283

Horten HoXVIIIB

Weserflug P.1003/1

Blohm & Voss BV 141

Messerschmitt P.1107/I

Von Braun Interceptor

Messerschmitt P.1101/99

Sanger America Bomber

A9-A10

Blohm & Voss BV P.215

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.