Iron Sky

RedDwarfIV

Gravity looked bad, but guns work in space you know. Gunpowder contains it\'s own oxidizer, potassium nitrate KNO3.

Yeah. I was just expecting lasers with the rest of the tech...

Yeah. I was just expecting lasers with the rest of the tech...

Washington: That\'s my kickass computer.

Scientist: [points to large metal box with dials and valves on it] No, zis is a computer!

What technology? It\'s basically WW2 stuff but in space with antigravity engines for the Nazis.

They couldn\'t go around physics. They invented railguns, lasers, ICBMs and stuff like that, but it was mostly theoretical crap they couldn\'t build in the last months of war. Antigrav can\'t work and it\'s the only thing that has never been built invented by them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_UFOs <- More information about this conspiracy theory shit

Most of the \'WWII technology\' that wasn\'t outright made up was stuff that was stuff that was basically drawn on napkins about ten minutes before the soviets rolled into Berlin; a lot of it wasn\'t even physically possible at a basic level already, never mind the added stuff.

They couldn\'t go around physics. They invented railguns, lasers, ICBMs and stuff like that, but it was mostly theoretical crap they couldn\'t build in the last months of war. Antigrav can\'t work and it\'s the only thing that has never been built invented by them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_UFOs <- More information about this conspiracy theory shit

We\'re talking about the movie, not real life conspiracies. In the movie, antigrav was made to work by Nazis in 1945. Hence them being on the Moon in 2018.

On the other hand, I can\'t think of a reason right now as to why they would need Helium-3 unless they had fusion power. Correct me if there is something else it\'s useful for [with the exception of party ballons]

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I haven\'t seen the film, but judging from my friends reactions to it (they enjoyed it), along with some critics of films, I am putting all my money on it being crap. From what I have heard, the unfunniness of the plot has been attempted to be covered by CGI, and apart from the Sarah Palin part, the movie wasn\'t funny (and most of that is judged on the fact the my friends have a horrible sence of humor (I.E. Laughing all the way though Saw)).

Revolver Entertainment, the group in charge of releasing Iron Sky in the UK, decided on a single-day release before never again showing the film in cinemas.

UK2-500x666.jpg

It\'s been given a full release now. Revolver crumbled under pressure from fans.

Also, groundhog, it is a hilarious film. I have not laughed so hard in a cinema for years.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.