1136 parts, 5 sections, plenty of lag, but it's done.

My new, laggy, space station!

ZlWkXqR.jpg

KqTB5wS.png

Hanger view:

VuTMUdY.jpg

Science section:

5r0GSoj.jpg

Reactor section:

bXR6WcL.jpg

Crew compartments:

s4FmGqH.jpg

I was going to add a comms array and a fuel cell (above and below the station respectively), but I decided that would make too much lag, seeing as I would like to actually dock space planes to this.

Thanks, and I've been meaning to look at it, since the only reason I haven't downloaded it yet is due to the fact that (and if this is fixed I'll download it) it calculated drag in such a way that made heavily welded ships have the drag of a large parachute.

Thanks, and I've been meaning to look at it, since the only reason I haven't downloaded it yet is due to the fact that (and if this is fixed I'll download it) it calculated drag in such a way that made heavily welded ships have the drag of a large parachute.

I think one answer is required.....moar boosters!

You might be able to counter that with procedural fairings. Maybe.

They might just be aesthetic features when using stock aerodynamics, and therefore useless in this case.

Alternatively, combine the entire welded thing on the launchpad in such a way that it doesn't fall apart when physics loads in, then hyperedit it into orbit. It's technically 'cheating', but you've already built it so increasing performance at the cost of a little matter displacement is probably justifiable.

Alternatively, combine the entire welded thing on the launchpad in such a way that it doesn't fall apart when physics loads in, then hyperedit it into orbit. It's technically 'cheating', but you've already built it so increasing performance at the cost of a little matter displacement is probably justifiable.

I would do this. And if you want to expand the station without feeling cheaty, just sent up the regular million part addition, and then swap in the welded part with Hyperedit.

You might be able to counter that with procedural fairings. Maybe.

They might just be aesthetic features when using stock aerodynamics, and therefore useless in this case.

This is actually what I'm doing with my new space dock. The gantry itself is 550 parts. Since I want to actually use it for massive Jool-bound ships, I'll be building it 'legit' and then welding, hyperediting, and using the cheaty station so that my framerates remain bearable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.