[0.23.5] Kerbal Space Industries [26APR14] [MFD 1.2]

Hyomoto

I love this display but I don't like the grey background so I changed it to black. I also made some minor changes.

license: I don't know. Do what you want...

Looks nice. As far as the license goes, it's the same one I have. But ... what pod is that?

EDIT: It looks like the Mk3, but is there something clipped into it?

Edited by Hyomoto

It is the MK3, But I don't see any clipping...

Maybe the RasterPropMonitor JSIInternalEVAHatch looks strange from this angle...

What do you see clipping?

The blue and white stripe along the left side at the bottom. I may just always sit in the other seat, but it looks very odd. I'm going to check it out now.

First off, congrats! This plugin is awesome! It looks terrific and has tons of functionality!

I have a question for fellow players: I'm playing on a laptop whose touchpad is missing a right mouse button. I think that to rotate the view I'm supposed to hold the right mouse button and move the mouse. I can use the arrow keys, that works, but I'd like to be able to rotate around more fluidly without having to plug in a mouse. Is there some key I can press to make mouse movements rotate the camera?

I think what most people are going to suggest is that you get a program that allows you to bind mouse buttons to your keyboard and vice versa. Someone else may be able to suggest a good one (it always seems to be suggested but since I don't use it I never remember what it is).

Hi, I would like to give two suggestions:

first one is a quick bugfix for SmartASS page, I've submitted the issue on RPM's GitHub and then i did a test my own, it seems to partially solve the issue by commenting the line: "redirect = escape, menuPlugin" in PAGE pluginSmartASS.

second one is about the Altitude graph, would it be better to extend the y range a bit or use dynamic range instead? I know in stock KSP the Kerbin atmosphere is only 70km but I would like to extend it to 100km or so. And as an RSS user, in which the atmosphere is 104km, I changed the range to 300km by myself, which should be big enough to cover normal ascend profiles.

Hi, I would like to give two suggestions:

first one is a quick bugfix for SmartASS page, I've submitted the issue on RPM's GitHub and then i did a test my own, it seems to partially solve the issue by commenting the line: "redirect = escape, menuPlugin" in PAGE pluginSmartASS.

second one is about the Altitude graph, would it be better to extend the y range a bit or use dynamic range instead? I know in stock KSP the Kerbin atmosphere is only 70km but I would like to extend it to 100km or so. And as an RSS user, in which the atmosphere is 104km, I changed the range to 300km by myself, which should be big enough to cover normal ascend profiles.

Hmm, I don't specifically use that plugin so if there is a bug I'm glad you brought it to my attention. It may be I assigned the wrong global buttons, I'll look at it. As far as the graph goes, right now that might as well be personal taste because its included 'for the sake of'. I think I can make use of it for landing profiles with planes or something of that nature, but I'm glad someone has a use for it other than just looking neat. I'll try to include some better functions in it later, I just haven't come up with a specific use for it yet.

antenna_big_zps480cd2d8.jpg~original

I've been bothered by the lack of antennas for airplanes, so I went ahead and made a blade antenna. I'm working on modeling so any suggestions, comments and critiques are welcome, you can download the part here.

Edited by Hyomoto

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n48/Hyomoto/antenna_big_zps480cd2d8.jpg~original

I've been bothered by the lack of antennas for airplanes, so I went ahead and made a blade antenna. I'm working on modeling so any suggestions, comments and critiques are welcome, you can download the part here.

I like this - if you're thinking of making it work with RemoteTech 2, it seems that all that's required is to copy/paste the code where Cilph overrides the behaviour of the Squad Communotron 16 (although probably with better resistance to airflow).

I'm at work so I can't replicate the issue right now, but sometimes when clicking buttons on the mfd all of the displays and props freeze and I have to EVA and then go back to IVA to reset them so they start working. haven't worked out what causes this yet.

edit: wasn't running out of power.

Edited by ozarkamax

I'm at work so I can't replicate the issue right now, but sometimes when clicking buttons on the mfd all of the displays and props freeze and I have to EVA and then go back to IVA to reset them so they start working. haven't worked out what causes this yet.

edit: wasn't running out of power.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some idea of what you are talking about, however it may be either a KSP or RPM issue. Is this happening after you alt-tab? There are some bugs in general that happen when the game window loses focus.

No idea if you played Orbiter, but are you familiar with the Aerobrake MFD? http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2139

Short story: It plots your most likely landing trajectory on atmospheric worlds based on your speed/position and the planet's atmospheric properties. The MFD then plots your trajectory over a map which lets you adjust your flight to change the location you'll land.

Something like this would be awesome in KSP.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some idea of what you are talking about, however it may be either a KSP or RPM issue. Is this happening after you alt-tab? There are some bugs in general that happen when the game window loses focus.

that is probably it. i play in windowed mode in a 5 monitor eyefinity setup.

Heres the picture I neglected to add earlier

http://i.imgur.com/iQkKfU9.png

That looks like an install issue, it can't find the .txt document so its treating the path as literal text. Make sure your install is GameData -> Hyomoto -> MFD, RPM is incredibly sensitive that the files are where they expect. If that isn't it, you'll have to make sure the files actually exist. There should be a pages directory under MFD, in this case its looking for menuDefault.txt.

EDIT: On second thought, it looks like it says Hyomoto/MFD/menus/menuDefault.txt which isn't correct, did you edit the .cfg? Re-installing should fix your issue.

Edited by Hyomoto

That looks like an install issue, it can't find the .txt document so its treating the path as literal text. Make sure your install is GameData -> Hyomoto -> MFD, RPM is incredibly sensitive that the files are where they expect. If that isn't it, you'll have to make sure the files actually exist. There should be a pages directory under MFD, in this case its looking for menuDefault.txt.

Could switching to Linux recently have broken it?

Could switching to Linux recently have broken it?

Damn, you missed my edit. The file path appears wrong, it should be Hyomoto/MFD/pages/, but in that screenshot it says Hyomoto/MFD/menus/ which is quite incorrect. Did you edit the .cfg at all?

Damn, you missed my edit. The file path appears wrong, it should be Hyomoto/MFD/pages/, but in that screenshot it says Hyomoto/MFD/menus/ which is quite incorrect. Did you edit the .cfg at all?

I touched nothing from the install I had on vista (I was lazy and just copied it) it worked fine then... Thats why I was wondering if my switch to linux broke it. I'm going to try a complete reinstall to see if that fixed it.

You know, I apologize. That is the correct path, I was looking at the dev version, not the released one. I looked over them again and all the files appear to be in order and packaged correctly, which means it is possible that something happened when switching to linux. Just reinstalling the MFD folder should work as long as its directories are correct, but just for thoroughness, you should be able to find this document GameData/Hyomoto/MFD/menus/menuDefault.txt

If it doesn't exist that's the problem, if it DOES exist then I admit I'm a bit stumped.

You know, I apologize. That is the correct path, I was looking at the dev version, not the released one. I looked over them again and all the files appear to be in order and packaged correctly, which means it is possible that something happened when switching to linux. Just reinstalling the MFD folder should work as long as its directories are correct, but just for thoroughness, you should be able to find this document GameData/Hyomoto/MFD/menus/menuDefault.txt

If it doesn't exist that's the problem, if it DOES exist then I admit I'm a bit stumped.

I've got pretty much exactly the same problem on mine using linux. Could it have something to do with the path case sensitivity? Windows doesn't have case sensitivity on the file paths, so you can get away with having a mistake in the file path.

Top left is the home screen, with same problem.

All the sub pages of the FLT section work, but nothing else does. Hope that helps somewhat with solving the problem?

tcaT7KC.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.