This imgur album should never die

aeTIos

there has got to be at least one moon with a moon. The final planetary system should have a little bit of everything.

I guess the problem with a (dammit) moon moon is that it's not very stable in real life. If you go on universe sandbox and place small but still reasonably sized object in orbit above the moon, unless it is very low, if will slowly be pulled in by the earth and end up hitting the moon, or escaping into an earth orbit

Actually an unstable moon moon would be really cool. Two have two moons that after a given time would wipe each other out (in true moon moon style) would be a nice feature. If the collision event happens quite early on in the games timeline it would be a nice challenge to get to them and leave again while it was still safe (which should be worth a boat-load of science) or to be present (at a safe distance) when they do eventually go phut (which should also be worth quite a bit of science).

I can see that it would not be easy to implement as it would need to result in a) some colossal explosion animation, B) a resultant asteroid belt and c) a change to some nearby orbits. But all of those things would be awesome!

I can see that it would not be easy to implement as it would need to result in a) some colossal explosion animation, B) a resultant asteroid belt and c) a change to some nearby orbits. But all of those things would be awesome!

d) Either core-melting render distance or exclusive constant rendering of Moon Moon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.