Eeloo phase angle?

I've been thinking about doing a manned landing-and-return mission to Eeloo, and since ksp.olex.biz doesn't take into account eccentricity, I don't think it would be accurate at all to calculate the phase angle. Therefore, can somebody either give me the phase angle, or post a screenshot of where Kerbin and Eeloo need to be in their orbits for a successful burn?

Hmmm...assuming you have a rocket capable of getting there and back...

One way to do it would be to use ksp.olex.biz to get a first estimate, and then do corrections once in solar orbit. At Eeloo distances, orbital corrections are fairly minor and it shouldn't be hard to get an intercept - treat it like a really slow rendezvous. Granted, if you miss by a bit it can take ages to correct and orbit around to get an intercept, but it isn't particularly hard or delta-v costly.

The angle is not constant with this eccentricity. I'll give you targeting recipe:

1) select any craft in Kerbin orbit

2) plot a maneuver node so it just escapes Kerbin with minimal relative velocity (you won't fly it, just use it for prediction)

3) You'll get solar orbit that is very close to Kerbin's orbit. Select the target body.

4) put a maneuver node on it, raise apoapsis to target's orbit and adjust your intercept by changing maneuver's position - time to this maneuver node is how much is actually left before the window.

5) for such inclined targets as Moho and Eeloo you'll have to play with midcourse corrections as well.

It might be difficult for first time (try practicing with Jool or Duna first), but when you master this you'll need. Also you could go for transfer orbit with a bit higher apoapsis - it's slightly more delta-V, but for for Jool and Eeloo you might win even twice less transfer time for like extra 300 m/s.

P.S. Do not follow the plotted flight path. ust wait for the found window and go directly into transfer orbit. That's huge delta-V difference.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.