I want to cheat for testing purposes

I just wanted to try something on Eve and assumed I could find it in the sfs files easily but am failing.

I have a small jet sitting on the surface of Eve and I want to explain to the engines that they need to learn how to burn Eveian atmosphere. I have scoured persistent.sfs to no avail.

I swear I saw a few threads and even videos about this recently but now I am also failing at search engines.

Edited by James_Eh

What you need to do is find your craft in the persistence. Now, find your intake config section. You are looking for a line that says CheckforOxygen=true

you want to change the true to false. Then your intakes will generate IntakeAir so long as they are in atmosphere regardless of whether or not that atmosphere is supposed to support jets. Scott Manley had to do this to power the air RCS on his Eve airship.

"checkForOxygen = true" in the air intake module. Change it to "checkForOxygen = false".

I think you may have to do that in the part config instead of the persistence file, though. Air intakes are under GameData\Squad\Parts\Utility.

EDIT: This forum has a serious ninja problem!

(My "test" was about 5 seconds of fun, then an explosion.)

Sounds like a successful test to me! Also, If you want special intakes for Eve (Or any othe rplanet without oxygen) you could create a separate part config, just change the "name = " line to whatever you want.

Apparently the kethane jet engine intentionally works in unoxygenated atmospheres, so long as it has some form of IntakeAir to work with. Obviously this is from a mod and not a stock part, but if you happen to run it then you'll be able to have a legit Eve atmospheric flier with jet engines. Just gotta scan down some kethane to fuel it with.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.