Take a boat to Laythe!

After seeing a video, showing a small aircraft carrier in Kerbin's ocean, I went looking for other water craft on the Spaceport. I found an excellent stock craft called The Unsinkable III by Razgriz86er. It's here: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/unsinkable-iii/

I was at the point in my campaign where I was sending probes to Laythe's surface, and wondered what it would take to get a boat safely to Laythe's ocean. I added an escape system, some more struts, and parachutes to the Unsinkable, and built a mounting beam to attach the boat to my interplanetary launch and transit vehicle, and got the ship to Laythe's orbit on the first try. (This was done with all stock parts, no plug-ins, no ad-ons, no mods, no cheats, no file edits, no debug menu, etc.) After a few attempts at de-orbit and splashdown, she was safely cruising the oceans of Laythe at 312 MPH (140 mps.) Here are some screen shots. I'd like to see other people's solutions to taking a water craft to Laythe's oceans. Many thanks to Razgriz86er for his stock jet powered ocean liner!

KSP_Boat_Laythe_0.jpg

KSP_Boat_Laythe_1.jpg

KSP_Boat_Laythe_2.jpg

KSP_Boat_Laythe_3.jpg

KSP_Boat_Laythe_4.jpg

KSP_Boat_Laythe_5.jpg

KSP_Boat_Laythe_6.jpg

• 5 months later...

I envy and support your enthusiasm but please check the date of the post to which you're replying. This is half a year old and the guy who posted this has not posted anything on the forum before or since that post. It is highly unlikely you get any responds from him.

Did you even need the parachute? That boat has so many wing parts it looks like it could float down like a feather or even fly like a plane with the jets if you wanted it to.

Again, check the original post date, and how many posts that user (Scorptrio) has - this is his one and only post ever, over a year ago! I doubt you will get an answer...

- - - NOT Updated - Stupid mobile 'net - - -