The KSC World Supercar Championships!

How are you guys getting 26m/s top speeds? I get 22.7m/s max even after driving full tilt for the entire runway! And i havent been able to run 10 laps without rolling my car. I could of carried on but i would of lost too much time without the downforce from the control surfaces. Also may I suggest a night time race leaderboard, you would have to drive compleatly at night, more than 2 hours after sunset/ before sunrise, and also have to have lights on your car that running constantly. And of course you would also need a power suply that will work at night. Ive tried it and it makes things a bit more interesting :confused:

How are you guys getting 26m/s top speeds? I get 22.7m/s max even after driving full tilt for the entire runway! And i havent been able to run 10 laps without rolling my car. I could of carried on but i would of lost too much time without the downforce from the control surfaces. Also may I suggest a night time race leaderboard, you would have to drive compleatly at night, more than 2 hours after sunset/ before sunrise, and also have to have lights on your car that running constantly. And of course you would also need a power suply that will work at night. Ive tried it and it makes things a bit more interesting :confused:

Downforce from wings tilted downwards helps a lot, mostly with cornering though. I believe that higher speed is created by lifting surfaces in general and a lighter design. :)

Okay, well ive got 2 control surfaces on at the moment, but there at a flat angle. Ill try angleing them dowm soon. As for lightness Im running at 1.9t which i didnt think was too much. I tryed to build a car with the minimum amount of parts to keep the weight/drag down. The hardest part is having to break for some of the corners, as i cant go throuht the at full tilt without running wide. Theres only 2 that i need to break for though.

Okay, well ive got 2 control surfaces on at the moment, but there at a flat angle. Ill try angleing them dowm soon. As for lightness Im running at 1.9t which i didnt think was too much. I tryed to build a car with the minimum amount of parts to keep the weight/drag down. The hardest part is having to break for some of the corners, as i cant go throuht the at full tilt without running wide. Theres only 2 that i need to break for though.

You can have up to 10 control surfaces, its just that 8 have to be inactive meaning you turn their responsiveness off via the tweakable system. There is no limit for using normal wing parts for downforce, so add all you want. Once you have enough downforce, your car should be stable enough to have all 4 wheels with turning on and not roll even on sharp corners going at full speed. That was my goal at least.

Can someone recommend some good free recording software please, I used dxtory but the file was 133gb! Thanks

I recommend CamStudio. Open Broadcaster is great, but it records video with a lot of JPEG artifacts. The highest quality you can set it to is 70. If you want 90 or more quality, to make your videos look better, use CamStudio and set it to record to Xvid.

Of course, nothing can beat professional software like FRAPS or Bandicam (they feature GPU acceleration and higher FPS), but CamStudio is pretty good nonetheless. Make sure to disable desktop composition for Windows, for way better FPS, as this video shows:

I recommend CamStudio. Open Broadcaster is great, but it records video with a lot of JPEG artifacts. The highest quality you can set it to is 70. If you want 90 or more quality, to make your videos look better, use CamStudio and set it to record to Xvid.

Of course, nothing can beat professional software like FRAPS or Bandicam (they feature GPU acceleration and higher FPS), but CamStudio is pretty good nonetheless.

Thanks for your help, I've already recorded my video on Open Broadcaster Software, but for future challengers I will try out CamStudio next time, so thanks :-)

Once I process the video then i'll upload it, so thanks to anyone who helped and the creator of this challenge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.