Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet. But the snap setting affects the gizmos. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Gizmos are making my life so much easier.

http://i.imgur.com/LuyuBBO.png

you can sure say that clown baby

just lookt at the shapes of this plane and its so easie

OCPlgzT.png

Edited by soulreaver1981

How's that a problem?

Clipping things into your root part can sometimes trigger an error rooted in game code (may or may not still exist post editor revamp) which would duplicate parts of your craft inside itself multiple times, over, create a phantom part chain, root it, and cause general mayhem, fully corrupting the craft file in the process.

Clipping things into your root part can sometimes trigger an error rooted in game code (may or may not still exist post editor revamp) which would duplicate parts of your craft inside itself multiple times, over, create a phantom part chain, root it, and cause general mayhem, fully corrupting the craft file in the process.

The dreaded "symmetry bug," that causes weird floating sideways parts on the launch pad?

The dreaded "symmetry bug," that causes weird floating sideways parts on the launch pad?

Yes, that bug. In the old editor, it was confirmed that clipping parts into the root part would greatly increase the chances of this manifesting.

As clipping things into the lander can is so visually pleasing, my landers often fell victim to this.

you can sure say that clowbay

just lookt at the shapes of this plane and its so easie

http://i.imgur.com/OCPlgzT.png

Is there any reason this looks so much like an Aegis Dynamics Avenger?

Yes, that bug. In the old editor, it was confirmed that clipping parts into the root part would greatly increase the chances of this manifesting.

As clipping things into the lander can is so visually pleasing, my landers often fell victim to this.

Nooop just came up dat hull schape a few days ago.

you can see it a few post back in the white lightning.

Edited by soulreaver1981

One method for avoiding that bug that has worked for me is to never activate symmetry while you are holding the component with your cursor over the part you're trying to attach to. Always activate symmetry with your cursor off the craft, if that makes sense. I haven’t had the bug in ages, when I used to get it often.

Now that we can change the root part, why not just change it to a different art?

I have been trying to find a way to do this [stock] for quite awhile now. Thanks to 0.90 it works! (Read this as it works on the ground. My shuttle has not left the tarmac)

Standard clamp o tron over a crew hatch with full functionality!

screenshot35.png

Krakis.........

Edited by Krakis

I have been trying to find a way to do this [stock] for quite awhile now. Thanks to 0.9 it works! (Read this as it works on the ground. My shuttle has not left the tarmac)

Standard clamp o tron over a crew hatch with full functionality!

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q599/krakis123/screenshot35.png

Krakis.........

That's not how the real shuttle works worked (the docking port it used on orbit with clamps and stuff was in the cargo bay, that hatch was only for egress/ingress on the ground), but it is pretty cool nonetheless. You might be confused because before launch there was a short of umbilical attached there for the astronauts to walk up to the hatch... but the shuttle itself did not connect there to the launch tower, it just rested against its side like the boarding gates in airports.

In other news, I am completely absorbed by the career campaign I started "just to see how it went nowadays". Between that and me going on a short trip this weekend, I am going to be short of less active these next few days. But I maintain my promise of new SPH section in R-SUV by christmas!

Rune. I have most of it done anyhow, just posting it takes time.