Okram Industries - SatBatts [v2 / KSP 0.90]

Orum

SatBatts is a collection of batteries of various diameters, lengths, and capacities, designed for satellite, space station, and electrically powered helicopter use (see images below). It's useful primarily if you use mods that cause large energy use and require satellites to be in a planet's/moon's shadow, such as RemoteTech 2. A total of 15 batteries are included, 5 of each of the stock KSP diameters, at different lengths (by powers of 2) and capacities (directly related to the mass of the battery). Each battery is twice as dense as the stock battery--that is, twice the electric charge per cubic meter and twice the mass per cubic meter of their KSP counterparts. Therefore, they have the same charge per metric ton as the stock batteries, for balance reasons. All parts begin with the prefix "OI-" and are found under the "Utilities" category within KSP.

To install, either use [thread=100067]CKAN[/thread], or perform a manual install by extracting the contents of the zip archive into your GameData folder. To remove, simply delete your "GameData\Okram" folder (this will delete all Okram Industries parts/mods), or use CKAN. If you like, or dislike, the parts, please let me know in this thread. Thanks!

Download v2:

KerbalStuff | Dropbox

Also available via [thread=100067]CKAN[/thread] - Last tested on KSP 0.90

CTEmx6X.jpg

aDiVCpt.jpg

License

You may not:
- Claim the work as your own or misrepresent the source of any files included in the distribution. Part configs, textures, models, etc., are the copyright of Orum on the KSP forums.
- Repack, mirror, redistribute, or bundle the mod without prior permission from Orum on the KSP forums.
- Use any part config, texture, or model for a derivative work without first receiving permission from Orum on the KSP forums.

You may:
- Use the mod in videos, screenshots, or when streaming, even when said videos or streams are monetized.
- Use the mod in advertisements as long as all other terms of the license are met.
- List, fetch, and [un]install the mod via a "mod manager" (e.g. CKAN), as long as all other terms of the license are met.

If you have any questions about the license or would like to ask permission for one of the above, please post here in the forums. If you don't receive a reply to a query about the license within a week, please private message me on the forums. Lastly, please note that this mod is deliberately not available on Curse. If you see it listed there, it was put there illegally by someone other than me.

Changelog

v2
- Fixed issues with the colliders not being flagged as convex (parts will no longer clip through terrain)
- Added agency so parts can be sorted by manufacturer
- Adjust license to again clarify what's allowed (and allow CKAN explicitly)

v1
- Updated scaling for 0.25 compatibility
- Minor change to license for clarity

v0
- Initial release

Edited by Orum
updating

It's in the picture--it's the core of the satellite. Unfortunately it's low res, as I was originally going to put it on Kerbal Space Port until I read their TOS. I'll grab another screenshot in a bit and put it up.

Edit: Now up, it should be easier to see.

Edited by Orum

Moar pics! Love the idea tho

Ask and ye shall receive. Added another one of an electrically powered helicopter (though it behaves more like a balloon) I made today, which I later used as a propeller for some planes while streaming.

Edited by Orum

That was rude...

It definitely could have been put better but it also speaks to a certain amount of truth that humans are highly visually oriented creatures and if you want their attention then you had better be putting some pictures in front of them. With a download link within easy reach.

A picture speaks a thousand words as they say.

Or put less eloquently...

'no pics no clicks'

:wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.