After playing for some time I wanted to give my 2 cents.

I've played KSP since .18 and I have to say that I greatly enjoy the game. Before I didn't use any of the mods because of, what I thought, were possible compatibility issues, but with .22 and .23, I have dived into mods with hunger.

The main reason for this post is to recommend to the devs to take some of the mods and integrate them into the game. Mods include:

Kerbal attachment systems

UbioZur Welding

Lazercam and docking lazercam

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Magic Smoke Industries - Infernal Robotics

Extraplanetary Launchpads

These mods have, as far as I can tell, become staples for any KSP player. As such, I think KSP would become better if versions of these mods were incorporated into the main game.

Now many of you will note that I did not list mechjeb, this is not a mistake. There is a heated debate between those that use it and those that don't. I personally use mechjeb and I find it helpful with how I play, not everyone would agree. So I think mechjeb would be best served as a mod and not in the game itself. The mod I have suggested have become widely used and have become almost mandatory with every install of KSP.

Kethane is another sticking point. The devs have already stated that there will be no resources in KSP. Okay then. I will not argue with the ones that have created and is working to make a game better. So I have not listed Kethane even though it is almost on every copy of KSP. I for one think that the modding system for KSP is fantastic and if the devs want Kethane to stay a mod, then a mod it is.

Thoughts? And I'd like to hear from one or more of the devs on this. I read the posts on the front page but I'd like to hear what the devs think of these mods as well. :)

Kerbal attachment systems

UbioZur Welding

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Magic Smoke Industries - Infernal Robotics

These mods have, as far as I can tell, become staples for any KSP player.

They're not staples for everybody.

The mod I have suggested have become widely used and have become almost mandatory with every install of KSP.

I don't think so.

The devs have already stated that there will be no resources in KSP.

[citation needed]

Thoughts?

Read this, amend your list.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/36863-What-not-to-suggest

Of those, I don't think the following should be in the game:

Edited by regex

Though I haven't used the welding, laser cams, or join reinforcer. The only one I'd agree with you about is KAS. It's such a well made mod, and makes kerbals insanely more useful.

But it's up to the Devs. KAS may be better left as a mod.

I haven't installed a single one of those mods. I use remotetech, VOID, and vanguard parachutes, the first for fun, the second for info without autopilot, and the third for kerbals to skydive and or bail out. I wouldn't be adverse to more things for kerbals to do, but don't just toss KAS in.

In my opinion, mods should stay mods.

Needless to say, the community has put together a very impressive repertoire of high quality mods. It also goes without saying that not everyone uses all the most popular mods. For example, of your "essentials" list, I only use Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. I used to use KAS and Lazor, but that's another thread.

What I'm getting at is that we should continue to let the community to provide each other with great parts and plugins, and let Squad focus on polishing the core aspects of the game. There's no point in wasting their valuable time and resources to make a mod that most people enjoy a permanent part of the game. At least not at this early stage of development.

Squad did an excellent job in building this game to support mods from the very beginning. I use a fair number of mods in KSP, although other than Kerbal Joint Reinforcements, none of them met your list. So perhaps Regex said it best.

But after being a regular visitor (and new register) to these mods, I often wonder why the "this mod should be included in stock" even becomes a thread.

Think about it. Why do mods need to be implemented into the main game? They work well enough already just by being mods. Plus the mod designers are not Squad, so their vision is different and they create updates at infrequent intervals far exceeding KSP updates (being a major project). Plus as illustrated above, opinions vary. If they implemented the following mods into the game it would have polarized effects, people either loving it or hating it. Mods are far more flexible and they work exceptionally well with KSP.

Enhanced Navball is one that I think you should check out (if you haven't already). It's so simple, it's amazing! That is one that I think the community at large would agree with being implemented.

Staples eh?

Kerbal attachment systems - nope

UbioZur Welding - nope

Lazercam and docking lazercam - not always

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - okay fine

Magic Smoke Industries - Infernal Robotics - not even close

Extraplanetary Launchpads - nada

So, putting it nicely, you probably ought not to speak for the vast majority about what should go stock. IMHO, very few things REALLY should go stock except for a handful of stockalike stuff.

First off, welcome to the forums! :)

I appreciate that you've taken the time to offer your suggestions on how the game might be improved, and I don't in any way mean to rain on your parade. However, a number of the mods you've listed (or, more to the point, the concepts that inspired their creation) are indeed on the What Not To Suggest list. Items on that list aren't necessarily items that are considered bad for the game, but they're features that either 1) SQUAD has already made an official statement confirming (in which case making the suggestion is redundant) or denying that they're already intended for the final game, or 2) suggestions that have been made so often that there's rarely anything new to add to the discussion that hasn't been brought up many times before.

Also, while it's not so much a blanket prohibition as a point of general etiquette, when making a suggestion, it's generally better to suggest adding the features or concepts that the mod implements rather than simply suggesting that the mods themselves be added, as that allows the features to be discussed on their own merits as candidates for inclusion in the game rather than restricting the discussion to one way that that feature has already been implemented by a third party (which may not be the only option available to the developers).

In light of that, I'll be closing this thread. However, if you come up with something original, novel, and interesting that you'd like to see in the game that isn't on the What Not To Suggest list, feel free to share that idea in the future :)